Author Topic: Hello from PA  (Read 1889 times)

yankeebum2

Hello from PA
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:54:12 am »
Hello all, my name is Steve. New to scrolling, always wanted to do it but never had the opportunity. When my wife found out my desire to do such work she pushed me to try it. Since we both goto the basement our little workshop) and spend our days together working together. I scroll, she burns wood or air brushes.
I can?t thank Steve enough. It sounds corny but I never met a group this big so eager to help everyone. I thank Steve the most cause if I didn't happen to stumble across his site or videos I would have tried and eventually been to intimidated and gave up. I remember seeing one of Steve's videos on just starting out. In the video Steve mentioned to make sure you breathe. I laughed for about 5 minutes. It was at that point I realized I was just like everyone else starting out. It's ok to breathe. Still not good but i'm breathing now. LOL.
Steve

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from PA
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:08:22 am »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A project a day will keep the doctor away LOL...
 8)  8)  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:13:46 am »
Hi there, feel welcome. As you mentioned there's a great bunch of people here willing to help where ever they can. I have learned quite bit from hanging around here. Enjoy your scrolling, just watch it's addictive once you get going it's hard to stop.
David

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:15:07 am »
Greetings from Texas!  Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you've got a smart wife.  I can't wait to see what the combination of scrolling and burning and airbrushing will result it.  If you have any questions - you've found the answer place.  We are all glad to help.  Happy scrolling.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:34:17 am »
Hey Steve, Welcome from Southern California! Alot of folks here ready to help!
Dan In Southern California

ChaplainRon

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:07:09 pm »
Welcome Steve,

I too am a newcomer to this forum and love having the depth of talent and help from others that are truly excited about what comes out of a scroll saw.

I have found the search capability of this forum very helpful. Now if I can find a better way to remove sawdust from my coffee than straining it with my teeth.

Ron
Charlotte, NC

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 10:05:34 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum. There's lots here to explore, ask questions and experiment. So jump in and enjoy!
Bill

northie66

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 03:30:36 pm »
Welcome Steve.  You're probably good... just too critical of your work.  I found that out with myself.  I always think it's not good enough... but then people buy it.  Maybe they just have pity on me though.  ha!

Anyway, I'm in PA also... near MD line.

yankeebum2

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 07:11:32 pm »
Thank you everybody.
I'm from northeastern PA. Scranton PA. My wife and I partnership in woodworking will be on hold for a little bit. She is having carpal tunnel surgery Tuesday. Will be weird if I worked without her.
Steve

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 07:21:28 pm »
Hey Steve, Try it you might like it! Usually when I'm in the garage scrolling, she's upstairs quilting. ;D
Dan In Southern California

northie66

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »
I hear ya Dan!  My woodshop is my "sanctuary"!  ha!

ChaplainRon

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 05:11:41 am »
My wife is happy to see me scrolling. She knows I am going to be a while out of her hair.... Then when I emerge from the sawdust she tells me what a great job I did. She is happy to have her time. I am happy. Life is real good....

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 04:09:15 am »
Hi from NZ steve
Jimbo

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 03:40:38 am »
Welcome Steve, I'm a basementscroller myself, so I know how great it is to be there  ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Rightarm

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:22 am »
    Hello Steve from Terre Haute IN. What part of PA are ya from? Dave 8)

SMF

Teknoromi