Author Topic: this weekend  (Read 849 times)

Crash Landing

this weekend
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:38:29 pm »
i am taking a break from sawdust this weekend and enjoying one of my favorite pastimes. I volunteer at Laguna Seca Raceway and this weekend we are hosting the Rolex Reunion. A grand spectacle of vintage race cars. Everything from 19 teen Bugati to recent (1985) Formula 1 cars and just about everything in between. Can Am cars to Trans Am cars. If you ever make it to Monterey in August, this should be the premier stop on your itinerary. Oh just so you know, it is not just cars on display..They race these cars. This weekend is a tribute to Dan Gurney and we also have Sir Sterling Moss on the track, racing still at 85 years of age.

gotta go...time to get some grease under the fingernails...

crash

Dawie

Re: this weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:41:57 pm »
Hope you have a great time.
David

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:26:19 am »
Hey Crash, I love Monterey! I've never made it to the raceway, But grew up in Riverside, going to the old Riverside Raceway, Watching Dan Gurney tearing up the track! I miss that track.
We are thinking about going up to Monterey when spring break comes around next year. Maybe I will look you up!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:18:11 pm »
Boy! the sights and smells of a racetrack in August!
What a treat to be able to do that for FREE!
Sniffin' everything from alcohol to hotdogs!
"Thanks for the Memory...."

p.s. Volunteering is a great way to get out and see and do things and to meet fun people! If you have a chance to Volunteer for anything you should try it! And you usually go away with a nice warm feeling in your heart! When the time comes that I can't Volunteer any more it will be time to 'close the lid'!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 12:32:44 pm »
We love racing around here. I have three race cars. Saturday nights, Mini Stock/Dodge Chargers.  8)  8)  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Rightarm

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:57:42 pm »
    Were getting geared up for the Nationals in Indy Labor Day weekend. Go John Force! Dave  8)

SMF

Teknoromi