Author Topic: Stack saw bevel?  (Read 865 times)

Dawie

Stack saw bevel?
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:44:15 am »
I was wondering if anybody has tried to stack saw while sawing in bevel? Was just wondering wether this was worth a try or if it would just be a waste of wood and time.
David

scrollsaw

Re: Stack saw bevel?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:35:04 am »
hi david,stack cutting with a bevel would result in each piece being a different size.if you follow a pattern on the top of the stack each piece will get progressively smaller.the closer you get to the table,the closer you get to the center of the stack.
chuck

jim stiek

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 09:44:22 am »
   the only time I use this is for inlay work takes a little attention to detail for the drilling to avoid the holes showing in the finished product but well worth the while and very impressive when finished properly.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 10:21:39 am »
Stack cutting on a bevel won't work, if you are trying to cut several pieces the same size. If it was an Inlay it would work.  As stated by chuck each piece will get progressively smaller if you where trying to make duplicates.   8)  8)  8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 11:24:10 am by Russ[C] »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:49:37 am »
Stack cutting on a bevel is exactly how I put this purpleheart wildcat into the walnut top of this box.

It takes practice and experimiting at first but you can do it too.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:32:18 am »
That is refereed to as an Inlay Rog which will work cutting on a bevel. Stack cutting is normally refereed as to cutting two, three or more pieces Identical, "Duplicates" and is not cut on a bevel.  8)  8)  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Dawie

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:22 am »
Thanks guys. I never thought of the pieces changing size but it logical coming to think of it sawing at an angle.At least don't need to find out the hard way.
David

SMF

Teknoromi