Author Topic: signs  (Read 885 times)

Dawie

signs
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »
These are supposedly actual signs that have appeared at various locations.

Found written on the wall in front of a photocopier of a company going through hardships : " DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE - XEROX YOUR PAYCHECKS "

At a car dealership in Maryland to announce new seat belt legislation: "Belt your family. It's the law."

Seen while traveling in the Yucatan Peninsula: "Broken English spoken perfectly"

At an Applebee's restaraunt: "NOTICE: AFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! A new 6% tax will be charged for the cost of collecting taxes!"

Fitness Center sign: "Self Esteem is feeling good about yourself - regardless of the facts."

In restaurant: "Open seven days a week and weekends."

On the freeway in Boston during a MAJOR transformation of the streets and bridges, etc: "Rome wasn't built in a day. If it was we would have hired their contractor."

A sign in front of an advertising agency in south superhighway, Philippines: "A BUSINESS WITH NO SIGN IS A SIGN OF NO BUSINESS"

A sign in front of a Macadamia Nut Factory in Hawaii: "Caution: Nuts crossing road."

Vince

Re: signs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 04:54:11 pm »
Gee wiz: Now ya got me singing that song, "Signs, signs - everywhere a sign". That shows my age - But I'm glad I got here , to this age LOL

Vince

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »
I agree "Signs, signs - everywhere a sign".  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:38 pm »

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
Dan In Southern California

Vince

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:45:48 pm »
Boy, it's a good thing we can scrolland sing at the same time.....LOL

Vince

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:29 pm »
Hey Vince, I do alot of demos and I teach scroll saw at Woodcraft so I have learned to scroll while I am talking. Its not as bad as rubbing your belly while patting your head though! ;D
Dan In Southern California

Vince

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:36:34 pm »
dgman / signs:  Lets see - rub my belly - pat my head - and scroll --- I'd have to get my wife involved and thats not gonna happen. She hates it when I go to Woodcraft - It cost to much to get out the door - BUT I have lots of toys to play with - My WC is only 2 miles from the house......Ye ya !

Vince

SMF

Teknoromi