Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2068 times)

Emac

Hello
« on: August 13, 2010, 12:27:25 pm »
I am new here. I found this place while researching scroll saw patterns. I just got my first saw on Aug. 5th and I am about as green as green can be. I plan on picking this up as a hobby. Right now I am waiting on my first shipment of Flying Dutchman blades. I broke my last blade this morning that I had. I have watched Steve's videos and he makes it look easy. I learned quick that his experience shows in those videos. I finally found a couple of simple patterns with mostly all outside cuts and straight lines when I broke my last blade. Maybe I will catch on when I get the blades in. Hopefully 6 dozen will be enough (I got that intro package).

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:55:07 pm »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida, USA. Glad you found us. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Vince

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »
Welcome friend: You have found a great bunch of people - they will help you in any way. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Roam this site and Steve's home site and you'll have more to do then you know what to do with. Make sure your blades are tight and follow the lines. When you find out what to do with all the saw dust, let me know thats where I need help - LOL

Winter Park, Florida USA

Vince

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:00:17 pm »
Welcome and have fun making saw dust.  I'm from North Dakota
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 07:59:04 pm »
Hey Emac, Welcome from Southern California! This is the place to ask all you question. We have some great people here so come on in and ask away!
Dan In Southern California

Emac

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:16 pm »
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I didn't mention that I am from Louisiana. I am disabled and looking at this for a new hobby. Computers have been my hobby for several years now and I am an experienced webmaster, if anyone needs help. I have burned out on the computer thing and I am looking for something new to do with my time.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:38:21 am »
Welcome from Texas.  Thanks for the computer help offer.  Some of us are computer challenged. 

Dawie

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 11:30:47 am »
Hi there glad you found us. You willmake friends from all over here, I am from the Netherlands. Hope you get hooked as I am on this hobby. This is the place to aske away and have fun.
David

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 10:37:01 pm »
Hi EMAC! Welcome to the forum. I've found this to be a great place for information, how to's, patterns and answering questions. Explore, look around and enjoy!
Bill

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 04:11:28 am »
Hi Emac welcome from New Zealand
Jimbo

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 03:47:03 pm »
Hallo Emac, welcome from Germany. Let the sawdust blow and show us your work.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:16 pm »
can't tell you how many times I felt the same way, practice, practice, practice, you'll break a lot of blades, pay attention to the sound of the saw, how much pressure you have to use to cut, after you've practiced on some easy ones go to the hard ones to see what you are doing wrong, too fast, too slow, wrong blade, there is no better place than here to ask questions, we love for you to pick our brains, every time we help, we learn as well, wear a mask!!!
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Wandascroller

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 06:11:12 am »
Hi Emac welcome from the East Coast of Australia

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 03:33:46 am »
Hi emac, welcome from holland.
Marcel