Author Topic: Problem with the Bat of Aug 15 '24  (Read 376 times)

Offline OldWood

• View Profile
Problem with the Bat of Aug 15 '24
« on: August 25, 2024, 01:28:04 pm »
The body and the wings aren't aligning - has anybody else tried this and been successful and is it just my printer, or is there a problem?

Offline OldWood

• View Profile
Re: Problem with the Bat of Aug 15 '24
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 04:03:43 pm »
There is nothing like replying to your own post to admit that the error was your own!!  And found about a fortnight later when coming back to try and resolve the problem.

But as no one else has replied, that does suggest that no one active on this Forum has cut this pattern.

I generally have a good eye for something that does not align (squint pictures on a wall are one of my bugbears!!) and in retrospect I would have thought that I would have spotted that the two claws on the bat body are noticeably different in spacing from the head (10mm and 17mm, or near enough 3/8" and 5/8" for the US cousins).  I did assume, I have to admit, that the left and righthand sides of the body would be identical

So if you turn the bat body over it effectively lines up OK with the wing  -  doh and DOH again !!!

There is also the lack of consistency in the cutouts on the wings, but that is easily resolved if you wish to do so, by cutting out that section of the pattern from another print and aligning it correctly as ribs on the righthand wing.

SMF

Teknoromi