Author Topic: Shopping  (Read 815 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Shopping
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:12:55 pm »
I was browsing the local store today checking prices for a small note book and while I was there I checked out what soft wear they had and there it was Corel draw, and the price was,,,, wait for it
$429-00 is that a good price or a rip off?
Jimbo

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Shopping
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:23:22 pm »
The biggest variance will be between 'versions'!

Current off the shelf versions will be a lot more than past versions.

Current version of Corel X5 full version is available here in the states for $499.99 USD.
Older versions are available starting at $69.99 USD.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

daneklund

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:28:55 am »
I am using CorelDRAW X5 now.  I am using what is considered the educational version.  You can purchase it directly from Corel for $99.  The difference between that and the regular X5 is that you can't use it for commercial purposes and you cannot upgrade to the next release in about 2 or 3 years.  This version has some really great features in it.  None of the features have been limited or restricted from the regular X5. I spoke directly to a Corel person in Canada about that.  I was a member of the beta test team early on.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 06:13:52 am »
I use the old Corel 9 educational version and it still works fine for me.
want to have something new, but can't find a reason because everything I use it for works in corel 9....   >:(

Steve did a topic on his blog about Corel X4

http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/03/corel-draw-graphics-suite-x4.html

With a link to amazon: $69,99 for the home/student edition

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CEXR94/ref=s9_simh_gw_p65_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JAFRJCD4AJ1MW206PSF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

note: educational versions also miss the extra cd/dvd's with images an clipart.... but we have internet now  8)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi