Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 95024 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2011, 12:28:46 pm »
Welcome Mike. I'm Dan from Southern California. Come on in, The waters fine!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:14 pm »
Hello from Florida. I'm Russ, welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum Mike.  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:02:48 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2011, 01:28:37 pm »
Hi Mike welcome aboard

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2011, 07:51:40 am »
Welcome Mike.  I'm Julie from Texas.  So glad you joined us.

Bullpine

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2011, 02:12:12 am »
This site looks like the place to get me started. We live just outside the entrance to Yosemite Nat. Park.. I do chainsaw carving, machining, welding ,etc. etc. but I have never done in scroll saw work. I am retired and raising and homeschooling an adopted son he is 12 years old soon to be 13. I thought scrolling would be a good place for him to start to learn the safe use of power equipment ( much safer than a rotating blade, chainsaw, or bandsaw) and to put his imagination to work and turn out a project at the same time. I have worked with my hands all my life building one thing and another and supporting my family and I hope to show my son that he to is capable of doing many things with his hands and mind with Gods help.To many kids stuck on TV and video games these days and as a result they don't develope their God given talents. I may be asking for some help along the way folks, so thanks in advance. Thanks also for the opportunity to join the group.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2011, 06:40:08 am »
Glad you found us Bullpine. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  :)

Mainewoods

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2011, 06:55:10 am »
Welcome from Maine, Bullpine!  You're definitely in the right place!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2011, 07:01:00 am »
Welcome Bullpine.  Greetings from Texas.  So glad you joined us.  You and your son should find lots to do here.  Just give us a holler if you need any help.

papiyo28

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »
Hi my name is Mario, my friends call me Papiyo, i'm from Dunlop New Brunswick Canada, i know everything there is about scrolling i've been doing it since july 1st 2011, yea you got it, didn't even take it out of the box yet, when i got the news that my neigbour was selling his house i said i'll buy it and finaly have room form my wood working shop that i've always did a little of in my shed but with lack of room for any other tools so i got my scroll saw still in the box, in my sheed waiting for the move on july first, so i should be scrolling by july 2nd...lol been reading alot on it and found Steve site and loved it, got my wife excited about this as well, she said she will be scrolling as well, well if she does use my saw i will be nice and give it to her and buy myself a biger and beter saw...lol i think we are going to have fun, and i promis to take pictures of my mess up project that i had fun doing and sharing it with you. we could all laugh at them until i get good at it, but first i just want to have fun then learn. Thanks for having us join.

P.S. never know i might teach GB something..hahaha.. i'm always this seriouse.

Papiyo

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2011, 03:15:45 pm »
Welcome papiyo! I'm Dan from Southern California. Sounds like you are going to fit in here nicely!

Offline lee5155

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2011, 03:50:22 pm »
Good day everyone I really enjoy your site Steve I have made some of your patterns and had good responses to them . I have a 1800 Dremel it has good and bad points but as I do sawing as a hobby it works great for me of course would not turn down a chance for a dewalt :) .

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2011, 04:22:09 pm »
Hey Lee, Welcome to the forum! I'm Dan from Southern California. I started with a Dremel some 16 years ago. It worked for me to get me started, so it will be fine for you!

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2011, 08:48:30 am »
Glad you found us papiyo and lee. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2011, 09:07:16 am »
Welcome Papiyo!  So glad you've joined us and can't wait for you to get your shop up and running.  Now is the time to amass your patterns and get your cut list going.  Watch out - your wife just might get the bigger, badder saw!

Lee,  big time welcome!  I started on a Dremel 1800 and loved it.  It was the start of a great journey.  My son-in-law has it now and it is still going strong.  Glad to have you.

Mainewoods

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2011, 06:43:47 am »
Welcome Papiyo and Lee!  You've come to the right place!  Enjoy!

SMF

Teknoromi