Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 99045 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2011, 08:42:13 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you found us.

Scooby

« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:31 am »
Hello all Scooby here from Iowa. Got the web site from a neighbor and watched the videos Steve posted and am using some of the techniques that he used in the video and found it really helps to watch an experienced scroller and practice the techniques it kind of helps clean up the v-s and also helps on the circles. Thank you Steve, you all are an inspiration to me and hope someday i can give good advice as an experienced scroller

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2011, 10:41:58 am »
Glad you found us Scooby. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

twodogs

« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2011, 10:43:32 am »
Hello, I am Pat from Maine. I found my fathers scroll saw under a work bench in his cellar. He passed 14 years ago, so I know it has been at least that long since the saw has been used. It is a 16" Craftsman with variable speed. Seems like a good starters saw. I have begun to cut out the simpliest of patterns. Looking forward to learning some tricks from the Scrollsaw Workshop
community to help me.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2011, 11:33:04 am »
Glad you found us Pat. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A day without saw dust is like a day without sunshine.  :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:53:37 pm by Russ C »

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2011, 01:23:20 pm »
Hi Pat, welcome to the forum, I'm Keith from Cornwall in the U.K. and like you I havent been scrolling long. The best thing I did was to find this forum, the members here are really friendly and extreemly helpful. Remember there is no such thing as a silly question, if you need to know anything Just ask here and someone should know the answer
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

daliclimbs

« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »
Hello Pat.. I'm Scott from West Virginia. Welcome to the forum.. its like a library of scroll saw knowledge. Regardless of the question, there is someone on here that will know the answer. It is a powerful tool!

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2011, 07:52:33 am »
Hi  Pat and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you found us. 

desertfox

« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2012, 08:08:23 am »
Hi, i'm constantin from Romania (eastern europe). Congratulations for new look of site.
Welcome to everyone.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2012, 08:45:37 am »
Glad you found us Constantin. Hi I'm Russ from Florida USA. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. There are people from all over the world here so join us and let the sawdust fly.  :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2012, 07:24:10 am »
Hello Constantin and welcome to the forum.  I'm Jule from Texas.  Glad you found us.

Shannow46

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »
Hi Steve and all. Hope everyone had a great new year. I'm totally new to scrolling although I predominantly make pens on my lathe. I was looking to expand my hobby and found the World of Scrolling through this great site.

Now I've got two addictive hobbies and I dare not tell the wife I fancy a go at Pyrography. Maybe I could incorporate all three. As for equipment I have an entry level Scroll saw, Table saw, Band saw, Pillar drill, Belt come disc sander and my beloved Lathe. Oh and a kettle and a tin of biscuits for the obligatory British tea break which is the law over here.

So Surfing one night (Which is the only exercise I get ) I came across Steve's site and got hooked. with the free patterns I've made the Fairy Plant pot holder and some Xmas decorations. I've just down loaded and given a donation for the excellent Stencil printer. What I'm really interested in is the scroll portraits and I'm on the hunt for a freeware program that will make the B&W stencils. If anyone could point me in the general direction I would be grateful.  Anyway hope to meet many like minded woodcutters. All the Best Shannow

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2012, 05:11:31 pm »
hi Shannow, I'm Keith from Cornwall. Welcome to the forum, like you ,I', into woodturning and just starting out in scrolling, the help and encouragement I have received from the members here has been fantastic. Welcome to the "family"
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »
Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum Shannow. Hi I'm Russ from Florida, I am glad you found us. A day without saw dust is like a day without sunshine.

daliclimbs

« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2012, 05:59:49 pm »
Welcome aboard.  I'm Scott from West Virginia.. your gonna love it here!

SMF

Teknoromi