Author Topic: Gentle Thoughts.....  (Read 960 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Gentle Thoughts.....
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:05:56 pm »
Gentle Thoughts for Today...

Birds of a feather flock together,
and then Poop on your car...

A penny saved is a government oversight...

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends...

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement...

He who hesitates is probably right...

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are  "XL"

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame...

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble..

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs'...

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it...

Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way.  I've travelled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved...

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth, think of Algebra...

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks...

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.  Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth . . .. .
. . .  AMEN!

~~~GrayBeard~~~ (is BACK!)
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

Re: Gentle Thoughts.....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:17:24 pm »
Great to have you back. Missed you around here. This was another good one.
David

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »
YEAH!!  Welcome back :)
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 06:00:29 pm »
Thanks guys!

Nice to know I was missed or was it just my 'funnies'???

Had a great time with all the 'cousins' and learned that my one 2nd cousin (27 yr. old pregnant former nurse) is too very much like ME to be comfortable, at least for her parents!
We had a wild time together and all the others said they may never go out in public with the two of us again!
Went visiting yesterday and out to dinner last night and we 'cut up' the whole time and tended to embarrass the others. We decided in her condition and at my age 'who cares what people think, let's have fun!'
At one point the waiter was laughing so hard he almost dropped a tray of drinks in her father's lap so we had to tone it down a bit but when we got outside to the patio bar we went crazy again and had several tables of bikers laughing with us!
Her husband is a quiet, young, up and coming independent oilman and had no idea what to make of our instant bonding but I have been invited back and she wants me to be there in January when the baby is born!

A Good Time was had by MOST! (especially us!)

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:08 pm »
Good for you GrayBeard! Good to have you back!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »
GB went somewhere? LOL
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi