Author Topic: High temp of -2  (Read 2149 times)

trka2002

High temp of -2
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:47:18 am »
The high for tomorrow is only going to be -2.  Should  be a good day to just hang out in the shop, drink coffee, and see what we can make.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: High temp of -2
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 11:35:03 am »
I am looking at -20 below for the next few days. Time to break out the long Johns ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »
I hate being cold, but also hate to have to heat the shop up too much and spend all the money I'm earning!  Recently found insulated coveralls called Body Covers that are for women.  Got mine in burgundy, but they also come in black and navy.  SO NICE to find some that actually fits my shape.  So comfortable and not too stiff and heavy, but plenty warm.  The sleeves zip off if you want to wear a coat over them.  Not cheap at $119 plus $12.95 shipping, but the ones I saw for men at the stores aren't cheap either.

Anything to make life more enjoyable!
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:56:08 pm »
Wow! I guess we are having a heat wave. It's supposed to get to +4 tonight. I'm glad I moved the shop to the basement.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline barb e

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 05:45:44 pm »
We are supposed to warm up over the next week, just heard -4C by the weekend - anything is better than the -40C windchill we had this past weekend.  (Winnipeg, MB)

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 02:11:07 am »
Wow!!! some pretty cool temperatures where you are.

In Aussie, we are in the middle of a record breaking heatwave. I live in Adelaide and the temperature over the last few weeks has been pretty high. It is not unusual to have day after day of temperatures around 40?celsius (104?f) When I am in my workshop, I can only do 30 minutes at a time because the thermometer shows it is another 10? hotter than outside. If I wait until night when it gets cooler, I have to be aware that my noise may upset the neighbours.
So, woodworking takes a back seat until the season changes and deals up some cooler weather. But on the bright side, I still have my garden to keep me busy.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi