Author Topic: Start off 2016 right!  (Read 1429 times)

JohnnyR

Start off 2016 right!
« on: January 01, 2016, 08:00:00 am »
Hello to all,
I'm sort of a starter; I've had an old Skill scroller and used it a little, but nothing fancy. With retirement on the horizon, I decided I wanted to get serious about scrolling. After tons of research, here and across the web, I settled on an Excaliber 21.
I ordered it from Seyco on Dec 26 and received it yesterday. --- nice work over a holiday week, I would say!

Anyway, it set up nice and I started testing it right away, and I'm sure I made a great choice. It was packed well, the frame is about 3/16 or 1/4 steel, and it is solid as a rock. I'll post more as I get experience with the tool, and hopefully I'll have some projects to share.

Thanks for all the experiences you folks have shared here: it was a great help in getting off on to the next step of my scrolling adventure. By the way, today is the first day of my retirement!

';-)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Start off 2016 right!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 08:31:47 am »
Welcome to the forum, Johnny.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  I bought my EX21 used from Ray at Seyco years and years ago.  Never regretted it.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 09:38:13 am »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas. I too am an EX21 owner purchased also from Ray @ Seyco.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 11:38:58 am »
HAVE FUN!!! Get some good audio books to listen to while sawing,  and you can be creative at smarter all at the sme time  ;D ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 12:29:55 am »
Congratulations on your retirement and on your new hobby!
Hope to see some projects in the near future.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 06:15:38 am »
Welcome to the forum Johnny.

You have come to the best site for scrolling information, have fun checking it all out.

Dave
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi