Author Topic: pencil Tourch  (Read 1294 times)

kardar2

pencil Tourch
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:36:07 pm »
Hello,
I been eying the Dremel pencil tourch or the Versa - Flame tourch. Have any of you used one? I am a cigar smoker and I learned a few thing in the endeavor as a cigar man. ALL BUTANE FUEL ARE NOT EQUAL! They make different grades like regular gas. You can find the cheap stuff at walmart. The cheap stuff will clog up a lighter quick. If you go to a cigar shop you can get the triple refined stuff. You can also buy it online such as cigar.com or Thompson cigar even amazon. But you got to make sure what you are buying is good stuff. If you know a cigar person they will tell you. It is a big subject in cigar forums yep I am a member to those as well.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:07:03 pm by kardar2 »

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
Re: pencil Tourch
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:57:48 pm »
I have one it works ok for me.  No problem with the butane fuel not sure what name maybe ronson.

kardar2

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 09:10:50 pm »
Do you use it to burn fuzzies  off too darken the wood? I was thinking of the Vera flame. It looks like it hold more butane.  I use the gas kitchen stove but thought it would nice to have it on hand out in the garage .
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:11:41 pm by kardar2 »

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:42:56 pm »
Can not help with wood use. I use it to remove solder or melt shrink sleeves more like a portable solder iron. have not tried but I think it may be hot enough to heat and remove a stuck not. I use it mostly for automotive work but it does have a good flame and should do anything you stove will do.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 11:08:21 am »
HELLO OUT THAR....OH TO READ POSTS SUCH AS THE ABOVE REALLY BRINGS BACK MEMORIES.
EVEN AT ONE POINT I WAS SERIOUSLY THINKING OF GETTING OUT OF SCROLLING AND STICKING
TO MAKING CABINETS ETC.  Then I read a post from who is now a Good Friend.  WHAT WAS POSTED
READ THAT HE USES A FD-UR #1 BLADE FOR 90% OF ALL CRAFTS HE MAKES.  EVEN UP TO ONE INCH STOCK.
NOW WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SOFTER WOODS AND ALSO PLYWOOD'S.  OH YEA ....ONLY BALTIC BIRCH FOR ME....

WELL LONG STORY SHORT.  THIS WAS AROUND 3 YEARS AGO AND THERE JUST ....IS NOT.... MUCH of THEM FUZZES.
SANDING WITH SAY 220 GRIT CLEANS THE CUTS UP BEAUTIFULLY.  Thanks for reading....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi