Author Topic: Hello from Europe  (Read 1637 times)

Pirosog

Hello from Europe
« on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:06 pm »
I just stumbled upon this forum earlier today, and I'm already writing my first post!

I'm Valentin, 23 years, living in a couple of European countries - like having houses in Texas and Minnesota, spending 3 weeks in MN every 3 months :)

While I have had done this and that with wood, ( including chopping the wood for my grandmother ) nothing, until now, required precise planning and designing.

Being 23, I'm already thinking of and researching the possibilities, to start selling personalized, puzzle names here and in the surrounding countries, which will be made by a friends of mine, owning a furniture factory, and taking advantage of the lower production costs - material, workforce and all.

I read a lot during the past 2 weeks, never knew patterns existed - well I kinda knew, just didnt know how it exaclty works :)

I think you will see me often here, and my first, well second thread, will be how to make those personalized puzzle names, since I'll be designing them by myself - I'm familiar with software such as GIMP, Photoshop, so all I need is a tutorial. I will be happy if you point me which is the right section for this one, since I don't want to make extra work for the mods.

Cheers, and yall stay beautiful.

Rover2

Re: Hello from Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:48 pm »
Welcome Valentin, I'm Al from Tennessee and glad to have you with us.  Looking forward to seeing photos of your personalized puzzle names.  Sounds original and interesting.  Thanks for joining.

Al

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 07:41:52 pm »
Glad you found us and joined Valentin. Russ from Florida here, welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:42:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum Valentin.

Karl

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:24:29 am »
Hi Valantin and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Never thought I'd here a European say "Y'all"!  Glad you are here.

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 09:21:43 am »
Welcome to the forum Valantin
I am Pierre from Qu?bec, Canada.
Pierre

Pirosog

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 04:55:12 pm »
Thanks you for the warm welcoming!

@ To all the people from Florida - I hope I can visit a friend of mine located there, looking forward to it.

@Julie - I spend my time with amis and aussies, that explains it all, i guess :)

pddesertrat

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 05:41:59 pm »
Pirosog welcome to the forum.  The more international the forum gets the more interesting it becomes.   Thank you for joining up. 

There a tutorials on using Gimp and Inkscape and Photohop at the Scrollsaw Village website that may be helpful, look under "categories" on the right of the page:

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/articles.html/_/resources/

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 12:27:30 am »
G'day to you Valantin, welcome to the forum.  I'm Marg from Australia.  I assume the Aussies that you spend time with are backpackers touring your countries.  What countries do you live in?

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Pirosog

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »
@Wombatie - Austria and Bulgaria. They aren't backpackers, but they stay one year tops - that's the lenght of their internships. You people are quite troublemakers  :o Amis usually stay 5-6 months, I have my hard moments see people leave so often.

SMF

Teknoromi