Author Topic: How I Make Scroll Saw Patterns  (Read 3287 times)

tdpainter

How I Make Scroll Saw Patterns
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:02:32 pm »
hey everyone, so a few people have been watching my drawing videos on youtube and a few have asked me to do a video  on how I do my patterns so I had some free tome tonight and I done a video. It is in two parts but I just quickly went over the steps that I take to make my patterns and hopefully can help you out. I'm not the best at talking on camera so bare with me. lol anyways here's the ink so please check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqSBcBsbS6Q

Offline ALG

• View Profile
Re: How I Make Scroll Saw Patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:23 pm »
I just started to watch your video and sure appreciate you doing it.
Here comes the BUT. I could hardly hear you and had the sound all the
way up. Maybe you aren't speaking into the mike directly. Hope its just
me having the trouble.

Thanks for all your help on this site.

Al G

tdpainter

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:11 pm »
Thanks for the comment Al, not sure what to tell you I tried it on my computer and it was loud,  but it was my first time trying to record with a mic and its only a cheap one. But i well make sue that I have my mic turned up as much as I can in my other videos.

pddesertrat

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 11:21:01 pm »
Just had a chance to look at your videos.  Thank you very much for taking the time to make them.  I'm curious, do you have the free version of Gimp or the professional one?  Things looked different than my version, which is the free one.  You did it a little differently than I have tried (I have only made one pattern).  I did the whole pattern on Gimp and didn't take it through Inkscape.  I will try your method as closely as I can using my free version of Gimp and Inkscape. 

Again, thank you for your help.  I may (will) have questions.   ;D

tdpainter

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:41 am »
Thank you for watching my video and I do us the free version of gimp. 2.6. I know there are other steps that others take  but I have found that just those few simple steps work just fine for me.  I only use inkscape for the trace bitmap and resizing. never tried to do it in gimp before. I may have to try that one myself sometime.

Have a great day

tdpainter

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 10:16:46 am »
I know sometimes that it may be hard to find another part of a video on youtube ,So Just in case someone can't find part 2 of my pattern making video here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLhNqEOe4Pw

Thanks

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 02:21:39 am »
I don't have time right now but as soon as I do I will definitely take a look.  Thanks Travis.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 01:58:59 am »
Took a look last night Travis but it was far too quite even on full volume.  Had to quit in the end could not hear it properly.

Marg
MARG

robertgreene

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 02:33:12 am »
You need to tock up can't hear it  it MIT have Ben Bater if you hard voluom

tdpainter

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 08:08:20 am »
Thanks for your comments guys. Sorry about the Low Volume I well try another Video sometime soon and I well try another Mic. hopefully it will work out better. :)

tdpainter

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 01:18:55 pm »
Just wondering what you are watching my videos on? laptop/Desktop Computer, or tablet? reason I'm asking is because I can hear it really loud on my computer and I have asked a few people with laptops and they were good.

Thanks

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 01:48:28 pm »
I had no problem with the sound.

Look to see if the sound is up on the Youtube player as well as your device's volume control.

Karl

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 01:59:16 pm »
check your volume controls on your system and the voloume control on the video player as well when your on youtube watching them. i have noticed from time to time that if i turn down the volume on the youtube player it also turns down my master volume on my system. i watched the videos on my desk top computer my laptop and my smartphone as well and have know problem hearing it.little low on my laptop but know trouble to hear it. 

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 01:56:39 am »
I have watched it on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet and my desk top computer and the sound is very low on both even though I have the sound volume way up on both the tablet and computer.

Marg
MARG

pddesertrat

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 08:47:41 am »
Hummm.  I have a PC, sound is fine for me and my wife will tell you I am hearing impaired.

SMF

Teknoromi