Author Topic: DELTA DOES ANY ONE KNOW A DEALER  (Read 1543 times)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
DELTA DOES ANY ONE KNOW A DEALER
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:23:43 am »
Hi all does anyone know of a dealer in the US that supplies delta parts, of whom is prepared to post to the UK at realistic rates
the part I want is the bellows for the 40-650 Q3, some dealers still have stock but dont want to send to the UK
others want a realistic $8 for the part but want to charge the better part of $50 to post it out.
the part No is 1347335
any help would be appreciated thanks
Dave

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
Re: DELTA DOES ANY ONE KNOW A DEALER
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:55:48 pm »
Have you ever thought about using an electric aquarium air pump?  Only cost about $20. I had one connected to my Craftsman saw and it worked really well. I ran the black airline inside the saw to utilize the saws flex hose. See picture.
Pete

Also added some length to the flex hose.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:57:57 pm by jrpeteo »
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:45:06 am »
That looks like a Very Good Set up Pete.  I also used this method with my Old Delta years ago and I will vouch for the fact....IT REALLY WORKED BETTER THAT what the saw came with.  The Aquarium pump had a Hummmmmm to it and needed to keep turning the little flip on/off switch, but worked Good.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:52:01 am »
Pete
thanks for that I have already done that i had one on the 40-540 that had the same problem, so probably stick to it
just a quickie how did you manage to add length to that flexi, I have some of these and can get them apart no probs
but getting them back together is a different matter??
Dave

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »
Pete
thanks for that I have already done that i had one on the 40-540 that had the same problem, so probably stick to it
just a quickie how did you manage to add length to that flexi, I have some of these and can get them apart no probs
but getting them back together is a different matter??
Dave
Dave, I just put one section in the bench vise and held the other (additional) section with a visegrip and smacked the visegrip. It went in.
I read somewhere that if you put them in hot water they get a little soft, so you might try that too.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »
Warm the parts up with hot water or a hair dryer and they get more pliable and easier to snap together.
Of course don't get them so hot that they melt. But then again they would be too hot to handle anyway.
A bit of light machine oil might help the parts to slide together also.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 10:42:48 am »
Pete/Rog
thanks for that, the pipe just was not long enough, it either blew at you or across the table. Now its blowing away from me and straight at the fine air cleaner, above and behind the machine, as can be seen
Cheers
Dave
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:32:47 pm by daveo »

SMF

Teknoromi