Author Topic: Many Projects Waiting for.... :+}  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Many Projects Waiting for.... :+}
« on: April 04, 2014, 03:11:13 pm »
Been still cutting project after project even tho the temps. have been down right cold.  Heaters worked.   Have MANY just in the finished cutting and sanding condition.  Gonna take me MANY days to finish each.  And Much bucks for the Lacquer. 

Is there any of you out there that are in this similar condition? 
I know Many of you have INDOORS shops where the finish can be done with COLD.
                  Just been wondering.................Thanks for a reply........Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Rover2

Re: Many Projects Waiting for.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:09:20 pm »
You and me are in the same boat Danny.  I have a pile of cut and sanded stuff waiting to be finished. I have a small shop in a storage shed type building and also heat it up good enough to cut but it's been to cold to open the doors and windows to do any finishing.  Did manage to get a couple of them done yesterday when the temp was in the high 70's but that's about it because it's not suppose to be that warm again until end of next week.  Just wen't to the store and bought a few cans of spray finish so I will have it when the conditions are right.  One of these days we'll get um done.   Best of luck to ya.   AL

Graywolf

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 03:39:20 pm »
My Scroll Saw is in the basement, but what I call "the paint booth" is in the garage with the table saw and stuff. It is too cold to finish out there. I tried to do finish work in the basement. Smelled up the whole house, wife upset......

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 04:53:36 pm »
My paint booth is in the basement. Plywood and 2x4s, small "squirrel cage" fan vented outside with a dryer vent kit. Works really really well, no fumes at all, no wind issues. I have the sides lined with newspaper and there is a turntable as well.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Rover2

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »
That is a really nice set-up Pete.  I'm going to have to figure out if I can make some room for a booth like that.  Thanks for the idea. AL

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 09:17:39 pm »
Super idea, I have a dust collector system. When the fumes get too strong I turn it on and suck out the entire shop. Works good but is not vented to the outside, but does freshen the air.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi