Author Topic: DELTA 650  (Read 2012 times)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
DELTA 650
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:35:19 pm »
Hi all
Has anyone got, had one or know about the Delta 650 Q3.
I got one yesturday and must say its a decent saw the extra speed really ploughs through the stock,however I suspect it has a fault. When you hit the start button there is about a 2 second delay before the motor kicks in, and I'm thinking this is not normal- or is it?
And if its not supposed to do this does anyone know why it happens.
I have checked and tested the on/off switch and it is a positive action, and also checked the brushes and they are perfect.
So i will be grateful for any input
Dave

ChuckD

Re: DELTA 650
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:31:32 pm »
When ever I called Delta, I usually got a quick answer.  You might try that.  I have not got any answer to your question, maybe they do.  Good Luck

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »
When ever I called Delta, I usually got a quick answer.  You might try that.  I have not got any answer to your question, maybe they do.  Good Luck

Thaks Chuck but I am in the UK mate
Dave

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:50:55 pm »
daveo, I'm in Canada and use Dingaling https://www.dingaling.ca to make long distance calls.  For calls within North America it costs 1 cent/minute (1 Canadian dollar is equal to about 0.5 pounds). From here to Europe is in the 2 or 3 cent per minute range, I think.

At those rates, I don't mind being on hold for a while.

You may be able to open an account even though you are in the UK.  Ask them at https://www.dingaling.ca/about/contact/.  They also have a free trial (5 or 10 minutes - I forget which) that I'm sure would work from the UK.

Hope this works for you,
Jim
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:53:16 pm by jscott2 »
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Rover2

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »
Don't know about that model of Delta but years ago I had a 16 inch that did the same thing and I thought it to be normal since it did it from the git-go and used it for several years with no problems.  I have an old Craftsman 16 inch sitting as a back-up now and it does the same thing.  Hit the foot switch and it takes about a second or two to start running. I did as you did, checked the switch and brushes and found nothing wrong so I just kept using it.  Never called anyone at the factory to find out if it was normal or not.  Sorry I can't help you with your model 650.  AL

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:53 am »
I have a Q3 that I bought new back when they came out.  The delay is a safety feature to allow you time to turn it on and then get hold of your work piece.  I still have my Q3 as it is a great saw although like any things, it does wear out.  Have changed the blade clamps a couple of times but other than that it still works fine.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 12:21:22 pm »
I have a Q3 that I bought new back when they came out.  The delay is a safety feature to allow you time to turn it on and then get hold of your work piece.  I still have my Q3 as it is a great saw although like any things, it does wear out.  Have changed the blade clamps a couple of times but other than that it still works fine.
Thanks Kepy thats a mystery well solved
seems a bit strange they dont boast about this in the manual, however thanks again and thanks to all who gave there input
Dave

rochar3

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:34:24 pm »
That feature is called a slow start. I have a Hawk G4 and it has the same feature. Most of your better tools feature this. Hope this helps

Offline puzzleguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:57 am »
my knowledge of that saw says -thats normal .

SMF

Teknoromi