Author Topic: Stools or chairs for SS  (Read 3973 times)

Becky

Re: Stools or chairs for SS
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 11:00:31 pm »
I've got an adjustable height office type chair as well.  It think it was called a "supervisor's chair" because it is taller than normal.  It swivels and has castors which are both handy.  I have back issues and I don't think I could take a plain stool for long.  When I first started scrolling I was standing but that didn't last long, even with an anti-fatigue mat.  It wasn't cheap (though I was fortunate enough to get it for Christmas) but it would have been well worth the investment if I'd had to buy it myself.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 04:47:10 am »
I have 2 chairs. Both are high. One is a bar stool with a back and very well padded and the other is a high office chair.  My only problem at the moment is that because I am short I have to use my arms and thereby my shoulders to hoist me up onto the chairs, and I have tendinitis in both shoulders at the moment.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

sullycroller

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:09:03 pm »
I sit in a bar stool myself but what has really helped my back is to elevate the back of my saw about 4 inches. If the saw table is level you tend to hunch over it to get a better view and this stresses the shoulders and back. By raising the back of the saw i end up keeping my back much straighter and can cut for hours without pain. Play with the elevation to find what works best for you.

sully

Offline puzzleguy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 04:08:09 pm »
I bought a couple of Drafting chairs some time back -
one even has lumbar support ( for long scroll excursions )
for taller saws their a necessity -their in the neighborhood of 2-3 hundred
but worth it if you do alot of scrolling -the wheels on the bottom of the chair make it easy to get up to the saw
and make it a bit more comfortable --
Ieven found a older model at our salvation army store for like 8 bucks ( but with no wheels )
use it at my work bench -

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 01:14:16 pm »
an other question on this topic:

how high is the seat of the stool from ground level and how high is your scroll saw?
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi