Author Topic: New DW788.....One happy dude here!!!!  (Read 1581 times)

lennywin

New DW788.....One happy dude here!!!!
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:14:02 pm »
Picked up my replacement DW788 today!  This sucker purrs like a kitten!  No noticeable front to back movement at all.  Made some practice cuts in 1/4" pine...turns on a dime!  1.7 mm Tiger Maple...beautiful!!
I'm leaving for Florida Friday and I know this saw will ruin my trip, I'll be thinking about it the whole two weeks I'm gone. ::)
I've been smitten by the Intarsia bug and will be looking for patterns as soon as I get home.
Even though my girlfriend nows she may never see me again....she's happy that this one is good.  ;)
Thanks to all of you for your advice and comments.

Rover2

Re: New DW788.....One happy dude here!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:12 pm »
Glad you got the right one.  Have fun making sawdust.  Congrats!!!

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:50:47 pm »
Sure is pretty
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Becky

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »
Sounds like you got yourself a winner there!  Crummy timing though.  If I just got a new saw and then left for vacation, I'd probably spend way to much time thinking about it too!

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 12:30:54 am »
Sounds good!  What part of our fair state are you visiting?  I'm in St Pete
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:14 am »
She looks gooood.  Just try to put her out of your mind while you are away.  That way you won't get into trouble.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 08:39:00 am »
Get a new tool then go on vacation for 2 weeks I would spend my whole vacation thinking my new tool and what kind of work I can do with it more than having fun I would go crazy. Enjoy your new saw, I know the feeling of a new saw.

lennywin

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:17:35 am »
(BTD  I'll be in Cape Coral.)
Was in the shop last night till my "better half" told me it was time for bed and wanted to know what I made.  The only thing I made was sawdust and lots of squiggly lines and puzzle looking pieces.  As I've said this saw is very smooth and quiet with very little vibration.  I'm using my first FDUR blade and it's MUCH more aggressive then the Olson's I was using.  Only two complaints about the saw, I'm guessing DeWalt is new as a SS maker because apparently they didn't know it makes sawdust!  They also forgot to put in the manual to raise the arm and hold it with your forehead.
I'm going to start making one of Steve's baskets today.  The real bummer is if I don't finish it, not only will I be thinking about the saw, I'll be thinking about the basket.  What have I gotten myself into.

Becky

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »
Order an EZ Lift before you go and it'll be there when you get home.  Easy to install and your arm lift/hold problem is solved.  Only $22.  I've made some good choices and some bad choices for my shop but this one was a no-brainer.

http://www.jimdandy.com/products.html

SMF

Teknoromi