Author Topic: E15 gas in the U.S.A.  (Read 1093 times)

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
E15 gas in the U.S.A.
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: E15 gas in the U.S.A.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:03:50 pm »
Even 10% is too much!  I look for non-ethanol for my boat because ethanol is so hard on vented systems like outboard engines and fuel lines.  It's a lot worse in boats than cars from all I have read.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 08:12:40 pm »
Boats, lawnmowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, generators and any other small engine suffers fron E10.  E15 will just be worse.  Thankfully I have a very close source for the non- ethanol gas.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:21:13 pm »
E-10 is bad enough it will gum up parts, still is corrosive you get poor MPG with E gas, E-10 can be ran in any vehicle thats not carb'ed but your mile will suffer, I tried it in my 94 model truck and lost on average 5 mpg on each fill up. I have also seen waht E-10 does to a lawn mower carb, its nasty, rust because it has water in it, and attracts water, also had some white scale stuff in it as well, I always run 100% gas, if I have to run E gas its just enough to get me to where i need to be then run the 1005 gas to flush it out. If they the government forces this crap on us I will just go to coal burning diesel just to get away from this E gas nonsense junk. You know its bad when they have to haul it in stainless steel, let alone its so corrosive it eats metal parts.

There vids on the sepration of this E-15 even think E-10 does the same thing, I refuse to run any E gas period, unless i have no choice to get home.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:58:16 pm »
I pulled into a station one night on empty. Put about half a tank of gas into my truck and noticed a small unlit sign on the pump. It said, "Stop, this is not Gasoline." Half a tank of E85. I spoke with a mechanic friend. He told me to just add unleaded to the rest of the tank and I would be okay. I did that and sure enough had no trouble, but it was the first time I had seen E85 at a gas station.

SMF

Teknoromi