Author Topic: 1/2 WAY THROUGH...  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
1/2 WAY THROUGH...
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:40:56 pm »
I am half way through chemo as of yesterday.  Only about 12 weeks to go....

after chemo I am strapped to a gadget that looks and feels like a house brick strapped around my neck with a tube feeding more chemo into the port in my chest.which I have to wear for 48 hours. Makes getting dressed a pain in the posterior.

Just having big time fatigue.  I fell asleep at the saw a few days ago but I was between holes and was just going to rest my eyes for a minute which turned into an hour and a half nap at the saw  :o
I'm from North Dakota

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: 1/2 WAY THROUGH...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 02:24:48 pm »
I wish you all the best, Judy!  I hope the remainder of the treatments go smoothly and you recover quickly.

May the new year bring you good health and a smooth recovery.

Love you! (((HUGS))) Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:57:49 pm »
Keep it up Kid!

Seems like it is going fine so far....

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:16:07 pm »
All the best for the New Year Judy, and I don't need chemo to fall asleep at the saw it happen too regular these days

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:46:50 pm »
Pat still has one regular session left and then Herceptin weekly for a year - we can empathize. Our thoughts are with you, and don't hesitate to take any happy pills they prescribe. Also, don't be afraid to grab some couch time... no one on Steve's site is going to complain. Love and best wishes, Pat and Barry.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 10:53:59 pm »
My mother in law had chemo, she had breast cancer, was only size of a pea they removed it put did radiation and chemo, she been done with it for about a month and still gets tired easy said she can sleep all night and day and still be tired, could be a few months before she gets her energy back, plus she lost all of her hair.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:18 am »
A good excuse for a nap without having to feel guilty.  I have to use age as an excuse.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:47:11 am »
Hang in there Judy, and best of luck to you in this "lovely" winter we are having.

Al
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »
Hang in there.  We are pulling for you!
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 03:08:02 pm »
Judy, winter is for rest and rejuvenation, so I want you to be like the mighty oak tree and rest this winter, but in the spring start to sprout new leaves and life will start anew. That is my New Years wish for you and all others who are doing battle.

What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 01:45:01 am »
Judy when you have the 'brick' around your neck don't worry about getting dressed no one will care.  Keep your chin up unless you are asleep of course, and rest as much as possible.  We are all here for you.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 07:31:01 am »
Thanks for the great thoughts for me. Having you with me makes the battle a lot easier.

Barry tell Pat we will link arms and end up more sassy than ever ;)

I'm from North Dakota

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 08:10:38 am »
Hi Judy,
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I am looking forward to you finishing chemo and being cancer free in 2014.  :)  :)  :)

(((HUGS))) Russ

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Malistar22

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:45 am »
Hi Judy, I'm not going to pretend I know what you are going through, but this last year my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, which is what killed her mother in the 1980's. My mom didn't even mess around and got a double mastectomy. I tried to talk her into contacting the Gerson Institute before taking such drastic surgery but she is a stubborn lady. Anyway, if you haven't heard of Dr. Gerson please check her and her therapies out. There is also a documentary out there about the Gerson therapy (it's called the Gerson Miracle) that forever changed my views on cancer and the so called 'modern treatment' of it. At the very least, watch the documentary! I promise you that it will be the most worthwhile 90 minutes of your life. Any time I meet or am in contact with cancer patients, I feel it's my duty as a human being to bring up the Gerson Institute. Her therapies have worked for thousands of 'incurable' patients. The stories these patients have written have brought tears to my eyes many times. I would have personally taken my mother to one of Dr. Gersons institutes and demanded she go through the therapy before I would have let her do chemo. After all, I am just as stubborn!

It's a shame that the United States, supposedly one of the top medical countries in the world, dismisses such therapy so readily. But then again, if hospitals can't make money off of cancer, they dismiss (and even speak out against) such inexpensive therapies. Even if they work!

Anyway, regardless of whether you look into it or not, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

~ David

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:06 pm »
We'll form "links across the Pacific"! Now, go lie down and have a nap.

SMF

Teknoromi