Author Topic: Pricing an item  (Read 1002 times)

Woodchuck

Pricing an item
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »
Mike has made available plans for a headphone stand. Does anyone have an idea of about how much to charge for the stand? It appears to be an item that should sell well.

Malistar22

Re: Pricing an item
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:27:08 pm »
I saw that on the home page as well but I thought Steve designed it? Anyway, I would think $20-$25 bucks isn't an outrageous price and would probably sell for that. Adding a personalized name to the base could maybe fetch another 10 bucks. I actually really like the design. I'll probably build one for the heck of it but maybe change the word 'Music' to "Music is what feelings sound like" or some other music quote.

Woodchuck

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »
Sorry, my mistake I meant to type Steve not Mike. Plan to make a couple today to see how they work out. Great idea on customizing the name. One person
that is is interested is a gamer, perhaps you could put in name of their favorite video game. Thanks for the idea on modification. 

Offline PigsFly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:30:55 pm »
Just cut a piece for grandson's vocal instructor.  In addition to a singer with mic I used the words "Music - Food For The Soul".  No copyright on the words so maybe you like them or they will trip your trigger for something else.
Doug

Take what you do seriously
Never take yourself too seriously

Woodchuck

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »
Made one. The notch in the base was a little too wide, so as you see 2nd picture I glued a block over the back. It also helps to reinforce the joint and cover the hole.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:01 am »
Looks good. I like to work in oak.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US