Author Topic: scrollsaw purchase  (Read 1368 times)

richard walden

scrollsaw purchase
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:39:16 pm »
any body have a ps wood machine or ever used one? I am thinking about buying one.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: scrollsaw purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 12:12:06 am »
I got a real good look and a trial of one at a scroll saw exhibition last year.

My biggest impression is that the blade changing on that saw would cause me to quit scrolling in about 15 minutes!!!
It is really bad!

I don't remember what they sell for but you could do a lot better with the Delta 40-695 or the Dewalt 788.  Maybe even a Excalibur 21 for not much more money.

Just my opinion.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »
I have the predecessor to the current PS wood, same design and parts. Unlike Graybeard I don't have a problem with the blade changing or the when there are inside cuts. I'm not the fastest scroller in the world so if it takes a bit more thats alright with me.   
The saw is relatively vibration free, you can change speeds by flipping the belt under the table (I mostly scroll at the same speed). It has plenty of power to cut most anything. Its a bottom feeder, I have had it for 2 to 3 years, no problems. I added the quick blade changer to my older machine. I'm satisfied!

I don't do fretwork so that influences what you want and need.
Bill

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:04:04 pm »
Therein lies another facet...you do not have instantaneous speed change ability from the 'top' of the saw with out stopping.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi