Author Topic: Let's talk ipods!  (Read 3175 times)

cherie

Re: Let's talk ipods!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 11:14:00 am »
My style of music would throw all of ya's onto the floor.  I like Fleetwood Mac, The Doobie Bros. and some others from that time period when I am in a downed mood and need to cry.  As for country, I was really into it during the early 1990's.  Now I am heavy metal all the way.  DIsturbed is my fav and I guess the title fits my personality very well.  LOL.  Korn, System of a Down, Metallica, Statix X, 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, ect.
Any one need help getting up yet?

northie66

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 06:20:06 pm »
Not me Cherie.  I'm into linkin park, chevelle, audioslave, some stuff u mentioned. I love alternative and punk too - green day is one of my favs, cage the elephant, weezer.........

Gotta have my music :)

Becky

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:35 pm »
My ipod has mostly symphonies and other classical music.  I don't use it in the shop though I do have a radio in there for baseball games.   :)  I use my ipod at work when it gets too loud.  I can't concentrate when people are singing words (I listen to the words which messes up my concentration).  A good symphony blocks the noise without messing with my ability to concentrate.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 10:17:37 am »
I couldn't scroll without my I Pod and it's dock.  I love GrayBeards music but only load the
I Pod with Books, so I am reading while scrolling.  Currently listening to Dean Koonz's Frankenstein Series.
I'm from North Dakota

thumbs

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 08:09:36 am »
I can't remember yesterday but I can sing along with most songs from the sixties--So that is what I listen to on my Ipod while I scroll--I have had neighbor come over to my shop to see if I was hurt or something--It seems that I sing(can't think of a better word for it) kind of loud--drives my wife crazy--she won't even let me sing in church--Richard aka thumbs ::)

northie66

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 10:05:41 am »
Judy - how is that book?  Mary Shelleys Frankenstein is one of my favorite books. I saw deans in the store but thought I'd check out reviews first.

Richard - I choose not to sing in church. I can't sing and also I can't stand church music. 

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 10:40:13 am »
Singing????
I spent 10 years as the M.C. and stage director for a large civic choral group.
The ONLY time they let me sing was at rehearsals when someone had a birthday and even then i had to go out in the hall and close the door.
Sing in Church...sure but I always had to sit in the first pew so no one else would run out when i started singing!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 11:01:39 am »
Don't own an i-Pod or Mp3 for that matter. Enjoyed reading what you all listen to. My world is one very much without music, something I could not have imagined a couple of years back. I have a sensory problem after 2 minor strokes and can no longer hear the full tune is hard to explain just hear certain notes and music and song together confuses the system. Miss my music though. Somedays I think it is getting beter than I can listen to 2 or 3 songs and actually here the full song. Used to like nearly everything now if it happens to work right upstairs it's light classical or country.
Enjoy your music out there.
David

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 11:36:32 am »
Sorry to hear that David.
I lost the hearing in the left ear as a child and now the right one is failing. Hearing aid helps considerably but the 'word recognition' is down to below 40%.
I have read lips all my life and all my friends and relatives know that when they are speaking to me that they should 'slow down and enunciate'!
Instrumental music is still OK but vocals backed by music are just too hard to understand.
And talking to people on the telephone is virtually impossible since they talk like they want to finish what they want to say before they dialed the number.
Wish I could make the whole world just "SLOW DOWN"!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »
Janet.... I just started it.  There is a series of four.  So far I am enjoying it.  I like Dean Koonz' work.  A far reach from the original strory but the same "Make a body from parts".
I'm from North Dakota

Dawie

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:43 pm »
GrayBeard I know exactly what you mean by wanting the world to slow down. Sorry to hear about your hearing difficulty. Well Gray we at least are able to scrollsaw and make dust fly.
Happy scrolling.
David

cherie

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 10:00:16 pm »
David and Ed,, I also know what you are saying about not hearing words.  I am the same way only because I worked the factory thing for a total of 18 years and a skating rink on top of that.  I used to have a hearing ad, that is until the dog stole it off the night stand one night at ate it.  Now I cannot afford another.  I just turn the music up louder.  Bad thing I know.  Another thing, I cannot stand to talk to people that have their eyes covered.  I don't know.  Jaun says I read lips and I don't even realize it.  When I met Jaun, that was one rule we made that he would never come around me with his sunglasses on.  They would come off.

Dawie

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 09:40:57 am »
Hi Cherie,
Know where you coming from with eyes that are covered. I like to see the eyes when I talk to somebody. Eyes tell me more than words do sometimes. I think (don't know) that when you read lips you not only look at mouth movement but the whole facial expression and that that tells you the full story.
Happy Scrolling all of you and those of you in the USA enjoy your 4th July festivities.
David

SMF

Teknoromi