Author Topic: Hegner extras  (Read 1391 times)

kkartz1

Hegner extras
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »
Hello,

I have just bought a 2nd hand Hegner 2S and am about to embark on a new hobby. After doing some research, I am going to buy a quick release blade clamp and would also like to use a quick release tensioner. From what I can make out, there are two kinds. One is a red handle type at the cutting end of the arm and the other is where the usual tension is altered at the rear. Does anyone know if either these types can be retro fitted?
Thanks for any info :-)

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
Re: Hegner extras
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:02:16 pm »
Email Jean Musselman at:   jean@advmachinery.com.   She'll answer all your questions.  Very nice person.   
MOONIE

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:35:45 am »
I have a 2008 Hegner and a 1986 Hegner. Both are single speed saws. On ther newer saw, the tension adjuster and tension release are combined at at the back of the saw.  The 1986 one had just a knob to turn at the back of the saw for tension adjustment and no quick tension release at all.  I ordered a new tension release part for the newer saw (Polymax) and installed it on the 1986 Multimax.  Works fine.  I also have a 1988 Jet scroll saw (15") and I put Hegner parts on it.  I use this Jet saw for doing Inlay work. I leave it set up at the 2.2 degree tilt required to do the inlays.  I paid $15 for the Jet just a coupla' years ago.  There is a lever/screw device available to replace the silver knob in the quick clamp that is a little easier to use.  It is sold by Mike along with his Flying Dutchman blades.  You might like that better than using the knob from Advanced Machinery.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

kkartz1

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:25 am »
Thanks for the advice. I will look at the pin from Mike as I have already bought some blades from him and will check out Adv as well. Funny thing, due to the power of Ebay, I now have 2 Hegners! So will add the extras to one of them and sell the other on to someone else :-)

SMF

Teknoromi