Author Topic: 1st Craft Show coming up - need your two cents  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
1st Craft Show coming up - need your two cents
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:54:17 pm »
My 1st show will be next Sat.. I've set up a mock display in my basement [1 8' table]. i have a 2x4 panel at one end from my wall hanging items. A small Christmas tree w/lites at the other end. The tree is pretty full with different ornaments and I will display other variations of , say fretted crosses, around the tree bottom.  My problem is in labeling the orn. price.  I have stack cut Steve's work Angel orn. [5 pcs. 1/8 birch] and I  painted the outer ring gold. I didn't like Angel in raw birch so I painted a second gloss white with an outer gold ring. Then I left the rest unfinished. Ok help. Do I price all 3 styles differently? Do I put a pricing sticker on each of all 3 style. Opinions & experiences appreciated.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: 1st Craft Show coming up - need your two cents
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:28:51 am »
I sell all my ornaments at the same price. I realize some have more labor and material, but, it is easier and they seem to sell better if they are all priced the same. I just place a sign in front of my ornament display that reads $4.00 each or 3 for $10.00. JMHO

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:43 am »
I sell cedar and oak boxes some are flocked on the inside and others are not.  Most have inlayed images on the lids some have applied images. Different sizes and shapes  I just price them all the same.  Works well for me.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »
I have had two price points, flat ornaments and 3-d slotted ornaments.

Spartan scroller

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 09:04:25 am »
I have different prices for my ornaments based on size and detail.  I use a system of colored dot stickers that you can get at your office supply store.  I post a sign with the price of each color and that works for me.  For larger more intricate ornaments such as filigree work I charge more and add small price tags or display them separate from the others.

Terry
terrysscrollshoppe.com

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 10:44:02 am »
MRSN ....YOU HAVE ME WONDERING.  YOUR FLAT PRICE AND 3-D PRICE ORNAMENTS?

I have a Show in Nov. and have a lot of ornaments of various styles n shapes.  I have
mostly decided to price the 3-D ones at $5.00.  Flat ones at a buck. 

I would keep yours priced at the same for each............................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:44:21 am »
One thing about pricing them all the same, you will find out quickly which folks prefer.  The price is not the deciding factor this way.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline maritimer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 07:07:42 am »
I price my flat at $4.00 and slotted at $6.00 and have no problem selling them.  Compound cut Angels and birdhouses go for $10.00.  I don't offer any deals and people don't ask.  I've had customers buy 6 or 7 at a time (now those sales I like!  ;D) and never ask for deal.

SMF

Teknoromi