Author Topic: Medical Update....  (Read 1065 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Medical Update....
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:51:13 pm »
The Carpal Tunnel & Ulnar nerve surgeries have healed nicely, scars are present but receding and I have full use of the hand and arm. Only minimal tingling in the hand due to the nerve and it seems to be fading day by day. I go back to the Dr. in 4 weeks for final evaluation but so far everything is fine and I have resumed full activity including woodworking.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: Medical Update....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »
Fantastic, so glad to hear your surgery was a success.  I also have carpal tunnel and tendanitis (sp)but didn't go the surgery route.
ChelCass

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »
So glad to hear you are feeling back to normal! I am sure it feels good to be back as well! (((HUGS)))

Sheila :D
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:22:03 pm »
It IS great to be 'whole' again and doing things even if some of those things are not very pleasant.
Going through all my sister's things and making decisions about their disposition tends to be a large 'downer'.
BUT...I think about all the people who will be helped by their donation and distribution and I again swing to the positive side of the scale.

For many years I have heard people say, "Life sucks and then you die!"
More accurately it should be phrased....
"Life sucks and then someone close to you dies and you have to pick up the pieces and keep moving onward!"

I urge all my friends to make provision for everything you own BEFORE you even start suspecting you will die because the lack of a will & other provisions sure makes life rough for those you leave behind!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
That is so true GB. My sister-in-law ( my brothers wife) is still in the process of sorting out all the affairs as the result of his sudden death a year ago. Now my other sister-in -law ( my wife's sister) is beginning the same process as a result  of her husband's sudden death just a few weeks ago. It is something that I am going to do in the next little while. I am so glad to hear that the surgery is coming along and that you are getting back to a routine. Good luck with everything. Clyde
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 12:57:54 am »
Glad to hear your good news about your hand/wrist/arm GB.  I have only had to dispose of someone's effects twice and both times it was very hard so I know how you feel but at the same time we found things that made us laugh and bought back some good memories, which made it a bitter sweet experience.  (((HUGS))) to you GB

Marg  :-*
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 02:48:08 am »
Great news about you getting back to full health GB.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi