Author Topic: Rubber band gun Heads up!  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Rubber band gun Heads up!
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:57:27 am »

Steve just posted this and I tried to download the plans to the Colt revolver made by the same guy, and My anti virus blocked it as a harmful site So I backed out I don't need any worms or such.
Maybe someone else has cleared it if so I would like to know.
Sign me Cautious CHICKEN,
Gabby

From Steve:

Very cool find on Youtube.
Posted: 19 Aug 2013 10:19 PM PDT

This is another Youtube find that I think many of you will enjoy. This is a two part video on the construction of a lever action rubber band gun. The guy includes a link to the pattern  in the description of the video on youtube. Visit his channel to find the pattern. I don't want to post it here because I don't have permission from him personally.

His youtube channel is definitely worth checking out at this LINK.

-If you are reading this in the email newsletter you may not see the video. Click this link and watch it in your browser.

If you are reading this in the email newsletter you may not see the video. Click this link and watch it in your browser.

MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Mainewoods

Re: Rubber band gun Heads up!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:17:35 pm »
Gabby, I downloaded both the "Six Shooter" and the "Lever Action" guns.  My virus scanner found no issues with either PDF.  My AV does warn against downloading PDF files, because they can have bad stuff in them, but like I said, the scan found nothing.  Not sure what you ran into, but I don't think Steve would steer us toward an infected site. 

On another note, for anyone who downloads these, the PDFs are set up to print to A4 size paper, so make sure you adjust accordingly.  Also, the patterns call for 4mm ply (5/32) so some more adjustment will be needed there, because nobody in my area sells BB ply in that dimension.

Good luck!

Offline brendeg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
Mine downloaded just fine with no warnings. One questions though. His plans call for A4 paper and are all in metric dimensions. Any idea if this will turn out if i print it on 8.5x11?

Thanks

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:53:44 am »
I don't see a link; has it been disabled?
Thanks for any input or  a new link.
God Bless! Spirithorse55 at hotmail.com

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 06:53:14 am »
@spirithorse, see Steve's main blog page for an answer on the link.  I had no issues (guess I clicked on the right one!) but apparently others were lead to some inappropriate sites.  If you want to find it, do a search on youtube for RBguns.  This will take you to the channel for these very cool guns.  In the video descriptions is a link to the patterns for them. 

@brendeg, A4 paper is longer than standard letter size (8.5X11).  I am going to print them on some legal size paper I have, and see how they turn out.  The key will be to print them in original size, and not resize them to fit the paper.  That would totally change ALL the dimensions!  As for the metric conversion, adjustments will have to be made.  1/8" is the closest Imperial measurement to the 4mm.  This will change the overall thickness of the parts, but should also change the spaces between the parts accordingly as well.  The real differences will show in the lengths, i.e. the cylinder parts created to be glued to the sides will be a bit shorter, but I'd bet an extra layer of 1/8" ply would make up the difference.  These thing will have to be worked out on the fly as I don't have the know how to make a full metric/imperial conversion to the plans.  Good luck and let us know how you work things out!

Robert Phillips

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 07:52:33 am »
I downloaded them ok also I think the issue was the hosting site and not the plans themselves. As for printing I printed them as they were onto A4 and I too found some of the dimensions were a little off.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:44 am »
I also ran into a caution when trying to download the plans - hence I don't have them - but I don't have a computer infection either, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Others will come along.

Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »
It was the site that I was warned against, and like AL I don't have any viruses that I'm aware of, caution is wise!

After all that I don't do metric, as I'm an old school feet and inches guy, and never learned how or why to use it. Don't bother telling me about all those misguided folks who do, because of them I need 2 sets of tools!  >:( >:( >:(
So I won't be making any of them and they looked like great fun!
Grumpy Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline brendeg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »
Thanks for the response, I'll give it a whirl when I have some time.

SMF

Teknoromi