Author Topic: Oldest posts in brag forum have attachments deleted  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Oldest posts in brag forum have attachments deleted
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:00:32 pm »
I decided to have a look back tonight but I see in the oldest posts it says something like attachment deleted by admin. I could make a couple of educated guesses as to the reason but thought I may as well just ask why. :)

Martin.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
Re: Oldest posts in brag forum have attachments deleted
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:09:25 pm »
Time limits and availability of storage area.  At least to the best of my knowledge.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37:09 pm »
Steve has to pay for storage and when things get old they are automatically removed by the administrator.
Bandwidth & storage get expensive so Russ has to eliminate things to keep within the limits of the hosting company.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 03:43:11 am »
Just as I thought and perfectly understandable. I was thinking it would be better for users to have a Photobucket, ImageShack, or similar account and link to their pic's, but I suppose the small number of people wanting to view old posts doesn't warrant it. Still, it's annoying to find something that sounds interesting only to find the images have been removed.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 09:12:19 am »
If it is really interesting, you can try to revive the post and ask the poster if they still have a photo.

SMF

Teknoromi