Author Topic: Rare Earth Magnets on Sale!  (Read 1627 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Rare Earth Magnets on Sale!
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:02:46 am »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

countryscroller

Re: Rare Earth Magnets on Sale!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:58:16 am »
Thanks for sharing. I wish this would have came sooner because I am making a box and putting them on the lid and body so it snaps shut when it is closed. I just went to Radio Shack and got a 4pc set for $3. I will definitely have to look into getting these in the future. More of a variety of sizes than say Radio Shack.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:46:35 pm »
Now that's an attractive offer  (couldn't help myself).

Actually I bought this a couple of years ago and have been pleased with the magnets.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline pieter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »
I have been looking for really small rare earth magnets, i.e., 1/8" or I/16" for lids on small boxes where the sides are only 1/4" or 1/8" thick.   Any suggestions?

Pieter

grampa sawdust

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:56:41 pm »
That is a impressive sale. I just wanted to remind folks as a Pediatric person to remind those who may use them for the boxes or whatever, to warn them, that  they can be hazardous if swallowed. Choking obviously but if swallowed to the stomach and then on into the intestines, they are strong enough to bring the intestines together cause obstruction, wear holes into the intestinal walls and can result in very serious injury and have been fatal. The main thing is if the parent feels their child has swallowed a magnet seek medical care to see where it is and what it is doing. They generally require removal. I am not saying they should not be used I do just the purchaser needs to be made aware of the hazard.

Offline Pinelog

• New DeWalt 788 Owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »
I have been looking for really small rare earth magnets, i.e., 1/8" or I/16" for lids on small boxes where the sides are only 1/4" or 1/8" thick.   Any suggestions?

Pieter

Pieter, believe it or not, Amazon has them, I got ,30 Neodymium Magnets 1/4 x 1/16 inch Disc N48 for $7.99 last month.  The sell all kinds of sizes and shapes.
Walter

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Offline pieter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »
Good to be reminded of the hazards of using small magnets and kids.  Thank you for the Amazon referral.

Pieter

SMF

Teknoromi