Author Topic: Good feeling  (Read 1061 times)

thumbs

Good feeling
« on: July 23, 2013, 09:32:20 am »
Well my lung doctor told me to stay out of my shop(in the basement] for 3 months to see if I can get my coughing under control--So I have been kind of depressed for a week until this morning-- My old dewalt 788 was in the corner of the garage with a bunch piled on and around it--Now keep in mind I haven't used it in 4 years since I got my ex 21--I cleaned it all up , polished the table, check the blade for square and away I went. I had forgotten how good a saw the Dewalt was.. I am happy I didn't sell it when a guy wanted it.  Now I just open the doors for the cars and the rear barn doors, turn on a fan and go.. How do you spell HAPPY---Richard

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: Good feeling
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:13:34 pm »
You know I feel sad to hear about the problem, but also Happy to hear about
the saw dust cure.  Great thinking there.  Keep that mask on (if you can) I can't.
I REALLY feel my rig works really well.  Square fan sitting on table directly to my
left.  Good Filter attached.  Small (8 inch) fan sitting on a stand next to my right
elbow blowing towards square fan.  And to top it all off I have a Oscillating fan
sitting on another bench to my right blowing towards to and the Hegner....  Works for me.
                                          Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 03:08:05 pm »
Well my lung doctor told me to stay out of my shop(in the basement] for 3 months to see if I can get my coughing under control--So I have been kind of depressed for a week until this morning-- My old dewalt 788 was in the corner of the garage with a bunch piled on and around it--Now keep in mind I haven't used it in 4 years since I got my ex 21--I cleaned it all up , polished the table, check the blade for square and away I went. I had forgotten how good a saw the Dewalt was.. I am happy I didn't sell it when a guy wanted it.  Now I just open the doors for the cars and the rear barn doors, turn on a fan and go.. How do you spell HAPPY---Richard

Use a dust mask it helps.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

thumbs

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:34:58 pm »
I always wear a dust mask when cutting--The doctor told me a story about a farmer who had to clean his corn storage bins--he wore a powered respirator when he was in the bins, but when he came out he would take off the mask and then dust himself off, inhaling the corn dust- after a few years he had lung problems. So I was doing the same thing and I almost never wore a mask when spraying a finish on one of my pieces--Learnt the hard way--so now I has a full face respirator for dust and one for painting--Richard

Becky

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:17:03 pm »
I'm glad you could figure out an alternative.  I would be depressed too if someone took my saw away.   :(  It's bad enough just waiting out the extremes of winter and summer.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:14:07 am »
That good to hear Richard just don't catch a cold with all those fans going will you.  Take care.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 03:32:23 am »
sad to hear your abandoned from the basement.
I have the workshop in the basement as well and this time a year it's a nice 59
but glad to see you found a way around it and still can scroll on the DeWalt.
for sure I'll hope things get better on the coughing soon!!
hang in there
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

thumbs

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 06:35:33 am »
bump--I always wanted to do that--Richard

SMF

Teknoromi