Author Topic: Help with Bath Towel rack  (Read 1042 times)

saggioculo

Help with Bath Towel rack
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:22:07 am »
I want to make a towel rack for my bathroom...one that I can attach to the wall.  I have some scrap 3/4 oak that I would like to use.  I was hoping maybe someone can come up with a design/pattern that is about 25" long and and no deeper the 4".  I'd also like there to be two dowels to hang towels on..one in front of the other and maybe one alittle higher in back of the front one.  Wow...I hope that makes sense.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anne

tdub4ever

Re: Help with Bath Towel rack
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:49:14 pm »
Not sure what you mean by one in front of the other. And are you wanting a rack with fretwork or just a certain shape. I made this one for a friend of mine. You can do them just about any way.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »
Sag - here's a design made from a 3/4" by 6" board with two towel bars. See if it will work for you.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

saggioculo

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 04:25:19 pm »
The one pictured here is kind of what I want, but I would want the piece that is attached to the wall to be a solid piece of wood that is 25" across with a simple scroll pattern (maybe flowers with some vines) and then have some  kind of shape for the brackets to hold the dowels.  I would want the dowels one in front of the other and one higher then the other like it's pictured. 

Sag - here's a design made from a 3/4" by 6" board with two towel bars. See if it will work for you.
Something like that.  I have a vague picture in my head of what I want, but it gets lost in translation when I try to explain it.

Thanks

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:46:41 pm »
Steve Good has one on his site:
http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2009/09/14-12-towel-rackshelf-scroll-saw.html
Only one rod but I guess another could be added.

EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi