Author Topic: no one even knows his name  (Read 1704 times)

king310

no one even knows his name
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:12:04 pm »
Outside England ?s Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant.....The fees for cars ($1.40),for buses (about $7).

Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work,he just didn't show up; so the zoo management called the city council and asked it to send them another parking agent. The council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the zoo's own responsibility. The zoo advised the council that the attendant was a city employee.
The city council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the city payroll.

Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, or France, or Italy, is a man who'd apparently had a ticket booth installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about $560 per day -- for 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over $7 million dollars ......and no one even knows his name.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: no one even knows his name
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:22:33 pm »
HaHaHa nice job if you can get it - and they never learned that his name was Rob Roy  ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:02:56 pm »
Keefie we don't know that it was Rob, after all that would be a long drive every morning, Rob being from Scotland and all. Who else lives close by Bristol?
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:48:55 pm »
Brilliant.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

IBMer

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:38 pm »
We have a Beach here that permits you to drive your 4 wheel drive onto the sand and spend the day at the beach.   When I first moved here, the fee was about $6.    I guess that was to cover the cost of keeping the beach clean and empty the porta potties.  The price went up to $15 a day and they started to offer annual passes for $50.     Mind you, there is nothing there but beach and a few smelly porta potties.

The price was raised to $20 a day, and $100 a year.   Nothing changed.   Except for the fact that you can no longer have open fires.   So, there is less to clean up for the people that manage the beach.   Same handful of porta potties, same sand, same water, yet the price went up to $25 a day, or $160 a year.

So, they have done absolutely nothing to improve the beach, made it easier for them to clean up and raised the parking fees by 400% in just a few years..   

I think we should all pitch-in, buy a beach and become rich for doing pretty much nothing..   Oh, the attendant did get a new chair to sit in and a beach umbrella to sit under.   

I just may know where your English parking lot attendant moved to.   He's here in North Carolina collecting parking fees at the beach.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 02:57:43 am »
Iggy Giles lives close to Bristol, perhaps thats why we haven't seen him for a while.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Sorry Iggy if you read this.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 03:45:12 am »
LOL, this is a great urban legend. But imagine if it were true. A person like that could make some good money. Makes you almost want to try it.

rob roy

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 04:22:26 am »
Hey Guys and Gals. Scotland to Bristol??. I'd drive to Timbuktu for that kind of money. Incidentally I can drive my 4x4 on the beach for FREE. Weather permitting. You know what I mean Keefie. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi