Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 527 times)

Rightarm

Happy Fathers Day
« on: June 20, 2010, 03:35:25 pm »
   Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there. Even if your not a Father. Maybe your the type of person that took the time to show somebody the correct way to do something. For me it was a Mechanic named Jess Adams. I started hanging around the shop when I was 15 y/o. I'd pick up tools, clean the floor, hang around, thinking I was cool. He taught me the trade of being the Mechanic that I am today. Also when I went on the Fire Department in 81. There was a Lieutenant by the name of Paul Lorey. I spent 6 years with him on Ladder #7. He taught me roofing operations, ventilations, and how to stay safe. Later in my career I had the pleasure of being his Captain. He never had children of his own, after my Father passed on, I could always count on him being there if I needed help. Also a guy named Sonny Cherry. He show me the ropes when I went to the Fire Dept. Garage. My Grandfathers, Uncles, and especially my Father. I love you, and miss you all dearly. I think about you all everyday. and you'll be forever in our hearts. Dave

northie66

Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:30:22 pm »
Awww... that was so sweet Dave!  My Dad passed away a few years ago.  He was a steelworker at Bethlehem Steel in Maryland.  He died of cancer that they believe was from asbestos exposure from the steel plant.  He had a good many years though and didn't suffer like most with cancer do.

I have quite a few good men in my life... I hope they all had a wonderful Father's Day!

SMF

Teknoromi