Author Topic: Foot Switch  (Read 3703 times)

Shogun

Foot Switch
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:32:58 pm »
I just had to come on and tell you all....I finally broke down and ordered a foot switch from SEYCO for my Delta POS and it was here last night when I got home from work. I love it!! I was in the shop till 5 am. LOL.

IBMer

Re: Foot Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:01:11 pm »
Best thing since Sliced Toast!   Once you get used to it, you can't go back.   Mine has saved me from injury more than once when small projects get away from me.....   

I love mine so much that I put a foot shaped pedal cover on it...   No, not really  :o   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:04:25 pm by IBMer »

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:39:36 pm »
I have been scroillin since the early 80's, when I found and put a foot switch on my scroll saw it took me to a whole new level. Had once everysence.  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:48:50 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 06:30:55 pm »
Would not be without a foot switch. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

countryscroller

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 06:56:59 pm »
I love mine as well. Is your guys' footswitch like mine in the video where you press down and it goes, let off it stops or the more you press down, the faster the saw runs?

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »
I love mine, ever since I put in on, wouldn't go without it. I got mine at HF, foot down its on foot down again its off, wish is was foot down its on let foot up its off.

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 07:34:41 pm »
Bought mine mainly to save the rocker switch - which I understand goes out. I do like stopping as I make a right angle turn - it's improved my corners. However, I find the pushing [extending] of my toes to be hard on my leg muscle. Has anyone found a good mounting or placement position to ease the stress?  Brian

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 07:36:29 pm »
Mine is what they call a "dead man switch", take your foot off the pedal and the saw stops. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:31 pm »
Mine is what they call a "dead man switch", take your foot off the pedal and the saw stops. :)

What I would like to have, but the one I have works good, till it quits and needs replaced.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »
My EX21 is so good I have 2 foot switches. ;D ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

IBMer

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »
@ Dustin, mine is just a dead man switch.   It's like an On and Off switch only, the Speed is still controlled by the dial on the saw.     Yours must have a variable resistor / Potentiometer in it to be able to vary the speed of the saw.    Just curious, was it made for a scroll saw or some other tool?

countryscroller

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:37 pm »
@ Dustin, mine is just a dead man switch.   It's like an On and Off switch only, the Speed is still controlled by the dial on the saw.     Yours must have a variable resistor / Potentiometer in it to be able to vary the speed of the saw.    Just curious, was it made for a scroll saw or some other tool?

Well I guess the way I worded it made it sound fancy. It is the same where you press down and it goes, let off and it stops.  @ dirtrider73068 I got mine at HF also. They had two kinds when I got mine. I guess you got the other kind than I got. I was just curious if they even made a kind to where your saw is on full speed, but the foot switch controlled the momentum of the speed by the more you press down the faster it goes. Kind of like a foot pedal on a car. That would be nice to have.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:03:56 pm by CountryScroller »

IBMer

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 12:46:25 am »
Dustin,   I misunderstood.   I suspect that sending variable amounts of current to the saw by the way of a pedal could damage the motor. 

Scroll Down

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 03:46:18 am »
Bought mine mainly to save the rocker switch - which I understand goes out. I do like stopping as I make a right angle turn - it's improved my corners. However, I find the pushing [extending] of my toes to be hard on my leg muscle. Has anyone found a good mounting or placement position to ease the stress?  Brian

Try mounting it on a leg.of the stand and working it with your leg or knee.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 07:12:08 am »
got one on my saw,its great

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

SMF

Teknoromi