Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2595 times)

Mainewoods

Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 08:26:06 pm »
That came out great Frank!  Between her pattern designs and your cutting, you are going to be a busy man!!!

saggioculo

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 01:40:00 am »
I think the pattern and the cutting came out just great.  I notice with some of the patterns I cut out... if I hold the finished piece in my hands, about a foot or two from my eyes...something...it doesn't look right.  But, when I have it on a wall hung up, then stand back...it looks right.  Does that make sense? 

Offline Fab4

• Go For It
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:46 am »
Hi Frank:
Good pattern - Great cutting
My personal opinion
I am by far not an expert in this field
Overall, the pattern looks good but I would try and do a little more on the right side of your face where the shadow is on the picture. Try to get more of your cheek in there.
Like I said this is my personal opinion -
I can see another excellent pattern maker in the works here for sure
Thanks for showing us
Fab4
Paul (Fab4)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 09:53:49 am »
Frank - your wife did an excellent job on your portrait. There is one thing she might look at. When we look at a portrait, the 1st thing we see are the eyes. An important feature of the eye is the highlight, or "glint". She has a strong glint in your left eye, but none in the right (from your perspective). The right and left eye glints should match in size and position on the eyeball, since they are reflections from some common light source.

While the eye size, shape, and position look excellent in this portrait, I would suggest some reduction in the glint in your left eye, then add a similar glint to the right. You can see the glints in the original photo - they are upper-left in the iris - butt moving them to lower left and crossing out of the iris is fine as long as they are matched.

2 cents worth.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 10:16:36 am »
Thanks to all for your suggestions and tips, I'll talk to my wife to improve its patterns.

SMF

Teknoromi