Author Topic: Sawdust fix  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Sawdust fix
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:24:29 am »
Well after last years fiasco and only able to cut one plaque I'm looking forward to the warm days so I can get with the program, so many nice things to make and so little time, it looks like spring has finally arrived here. Everything is blooming and looking so beautiful, makes this old man glad to be alive.
Happy spring everyone!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Sawdust fix
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:21 am »
Happy Spring Gabby, glad you are looking forward to getting your "sawdust fix"  I look forward to seeing the pictures of your work again. It's nice to know just how well you are recovering.

Keith.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:51:27 am »
happy spring indeed Gabby, your enthusiasm is contagious!
glad you're gonna start again and I hope you will make tons of sawdust this year !!

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »
Enough with the gab,Gabby, lets see your stuff. If I remember correctly it was pretty good. I am glad you are coming around,we missed your wit here on the forum. ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 04:36:08 pm »
Well, pard...after our cold weather and then the eye surgeries I am finally making sawdust again...

Glad you are joining in!

Right now just learning more about making frames and finishing up some stuff I had scrolled. Back to the scrolling next week.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »
Great news GB
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 02:28:52 am »
Glad your weather is finally warming up our is getting a bit chilly.  Its been a long time coming for you Gabby so don't forget to do some practice cuts first, don't want you to get disheartened before you get to finish your first project.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 10:04:01 am »
Yep!  We have had to turn on the air conditioning in the house often lately.  Good to see Gabby and GB cutting again.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 10:07:56 am »
Hey Gabby It has been a long hard "winter" in more ways than one.  So glad you are so much better.  It sure takes a long time doesn't it?  The sun is shining here but lots of snow piles everywhere and of course the tree claims are still full but there is hope of warmth to come.  The grass and dirt patches get bigger every day.  Looking forward to see what you crank out. :D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 10:41:01 am »
Hey, Gabby, sounds like you're ready to come out of hibernation.  Nothing like Spring to make you feel new and young again.  Go get 'em!
Scrolling has its perks

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 02:12:16 am »
Well, pard...after our cold weather and then the eye surgeries I am finally making sawdust again...

Glad you are joining in!

Right now just learning more about making frames and finishing up some stuff I had scrolled. Back to the scrolling next week.

~~~GB~~~

So how did your surgery turn out? Mine is just great I can see a gnat on a sparrow from a mile away.  :o LOL
Actually it is now better than 20-20, so I need dollar store glasses for reading and close work so that's nothing new and the glasses I have work just fine. I'll be going in  for some laser work in June it will clear up some bluring I'm having in one eye. The great thing is my medicare has paid for all of it minus $5o per eye. Cheap at twice the price!

Going in for a CT scan of my noggin on Monday and I'm hoping they find it's as empty as I've always been told it is.  LOL
Just had a follow up visit with my surgeon and had a bunch of ultra sound run on my arteries, and every one is tickled pink with the results so I shouldn't have any more of those little beauties like I had last year.
Well that's my latest health up date for now. So if now i can take off 15 or 20 pounds without having to go the route I did last year I'd be looking pretty.  well sort of.  :)

Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

rob roy

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 07:08:05 am »
Well now, Gabby, it's great to hear that you now have better than 20/20 vision and your arteries are all clear. Since you can see a Gnat on a sparrow a mile away, maybe you could get your A** in gear and get out and spot some decent horses and get them rounded up!!!!. I am sick and tired of having to do everything with absolutely no help from you whatsoever. We need tires for the 4x4 pickup and I just don't have the time or the inclination to do anything about it. Not to mention the rip off price of gasoline!!!!
Anyway, there is not one solitary, miserable cent in the bank, and as I've been doing all the running about, I've spent all of the money on NITRO to try and stay on this side of the grass. I think I'm now needing new glasses as well.
So get off your butt and start making an effort, don't worry about the Cat Scan, it will show absolutely nothing. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rob Roy, your friendly horse thief

rob roy

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 07:11:00 am »
Hi G B, glad to hear you're getting back into the swing of things. Keep it up.
Rob Roy.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 04:21:05 am »
This is to Rob Roy my friendly horses' patootie, you must have been looking over their shoulder, they found "nothing" in there and told me it looked perfectly "normal" so now all you "normal" folks who all know so much, you are just like me. Hah hahahahahahah
That goes double for you Rob.  ;D ;D
Your Friendly partner in crime. LOL
Gabby
Giggling off into the sunset!
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:17 am »
I'm just glad you "Pair of Hoss Thieves" are both fit and well on this side of the grass - please take care of yourselves and stay that way (that goes for every member of the forum) I lost one friend recently and don't want to lose any more. Stay safe and well everyone.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi