Author Topic: Air hose slips  (Read 2323 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Air hose slips
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:20:05 pm »
 On my Dewalt the air hose is loose around the ball, does anyone know how to tighten it. thanks   edward

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Air hose slips
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:25:52 pm »
Try heating it with a hair dryer....
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:35:36 pm »
Check carefully around the first joint where the hose attaches to the nipple on the saw!
You may find it is cracked...if so pull it off, remove that first section and hook it up again. It is a bear to get back on but dipping it in boiling water for a couple minutes should soften it enough to pop it back on....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 08:23:09 pm »
Check carefully around the first joint where the hose attaches to the nipple on the saw!
You may find it is cracked...if so pull it off, remove that first section and hook it up again. It is a bear to get back on but dipping it in boiling water for a couple minutes should soften it enough to pop it back on....

~~~GB~~~
Yup, that is the answer!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:57:49 pm »
Had the same thing happen to me. GE and Dan are right, that is the fix.  but even with the boiling water, it was still difficult.  I Finally took off the metal piece with the ball and was able to push it on with pliers.  Hard Hard Hard
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Scroll Down

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 01:20:07 am »
If you can get it completely off lay it in direct sun for about 30 minutes, should help.
Learned that trick working on chainsaws :)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 06:23:47 am »
I just apply a drop of OIL and force it back on.  Not real easy, but goes on.  Danny :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 10:19:02 am »
I just bought a used dewalt and it had the same problem.  A couple of the balls were cracked.

I tried to pull off the broken ones but every time I did i cracked the good one holding it in.

Finally figured out that if I soak it in really hot water for a minute it will expand enough to be able to deal with without more damage.

Tossed the broken pieces and reassembled it.  Shorter but works now.

SMF

Teknoromi