Author Topic: The Internet Sales Tax Rush  (Read 1958 times)

king310

The Internet Sales Tax Rush
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:56:08 am »
How will this affect those of us who sale a few projects via the internet or purchase some of our supplies online? Our hobby will become more expensive and may drive the small business man out of the market. Some of us who do this for fun and charge just enough to cover our cost will no longer enjoy our hobby due to the federal government who cannot control their spending problem. >:( >:( >:( >:(
Here is the link to the Wall Street Journal article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324493704578432961601644942.html

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: The Internet Sales Tax Rush
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 12:54:03 pm »
Although I do not agree with it luckily it is only going to be affecting those businesses with over $1,000,000 in annual sales, at least at this time.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you

The Internet Sales Tax Rush
? on: Today at 05:56:08 AM ? Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will this affect those of us who sale a few projects via the internet or purchase some of our supplies online? Our hobby will become more expensive and may drive the small business man out of the market. Some of us who do this for fun and charge just enough to cover our cost will no longer enjoy our hobby due to the federal government who cannot control their spending problem. ........... It is amazing that those that dislike Walmart are taking their side on this issue.  The fact that  now ,one can buy on line with no sales tax, has hurt the small brick and mortar retail stores by giving buyers as much as 8%-9% less to pay for a like item by buying on line.  I think this is a long overdue change and will help small "Mom & Pop" retailers to compete with internet sales. 
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:06 pm »
I think there is a need for taxes but when the government taxes our income and our purchases our system will never be fair. I think consumers would be better off with higher sales tax and no income tax. That way each individual could control the amount of taxes they pay.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:23:33 pm »
When the former USSR broke up,  a flat tax was instututed.  Income to their government soared.   A sales tax is unfair because the poor spend ALL their income to survive and the well off do have to.  A flat tax is fairest to all.  Abolish the entire tax code.
MOONIE

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:28:37 am »
I AGREE with Moonie and have thought this way for what seems like Forever.
Its a since able thing, but Government just can't understand.  I do feel that
SOMEDAY this will happen.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 09:13:09 am »
I agree with MOONIE and Danny BUT.... do you realize how many CPA's and IRS agents that would put out of work? I don't care about the lawyers who write the tax codes in such a manner that no one can understand what they are reading though.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:18 am »
If poor people have no money now and get all of their tax money in the form of a refund, then wouldnt a flat tax be an increased tax for them and hurt them the most?

Spartan scroller

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:24 am »
Although I do not agree with it luckily it is only going to be affecting those businesses with over $1,000,000 in annual sales, at least at this time.

So all I have to do is keep my sales under $999,999? COOL! I think I can do that.

SMF

Teknoromi