Author Topic: Wal-Mart  (Read 2514 times)

countryscroller

Wal-Mart
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »
Most of you guys, well probably all of you don't have to worry about this, but I do. Buying spray paint you have to be 18 years old. Because of all those stupid people that huff it and do other dumb things. I am just an average ol boy doing some woodworking. I just can't stand the people that use paint the wrong way. Just thought I'd tell ya'll my frustrations with this. I have a whole two years still that my mom has to buy paint for me haha.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 07:02:56 pm »
I hear ya. Isn't it funny that we have laws to prevent the idiots from doing idiotic things, but doesn't do a thing for the honest folks. If you want to have some fun, get a bunch of different cans of spray paint and go through the self-checkout aisle. Scan on can of paint, have the attendant come over and tell you that you are not old enough to buy it. After the attendant walks away, scan the next can. See how long it takes them to figure out that you still have more cans to scan.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 07:33:11 pm »
Lucky they let you buy saw blades and gasoline. Who knows what damage could be done with those!
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:43:39 pm »
I don't know about where the rest of you are but here in our area I stopped at TARGET the other day on the way to a dinner party. Went in to pick up some sour cream and a bottle of WINE.
When I got to the checkout the girl asked me for my ID, please!
Now the last time I was 'carded' I was 16 years old and only then because the liquor control agent was sitting at the next table. ( a favorite pizza place)
I looked at her with my gray hair, gray eyebrows, gray beard and arthritic hands and back and said, " You are sh%$ing me!"
She replied, " No sir, we have to 'card ALL purchases of liquor, it is company policy!"

And the three people behind me in line in unison said, " That is totally STUPID!"
She said, "I know but I will get fired if my supervisor sees me check you out without carding you."

Remember Folks....You Can't Fix Stupid!"

~~~GB~~~
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:45:53 pm by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

countryscroller

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:14 pm »
Yep my dad went to Wal- Mart the other day and was in line. The old guy in front of him had beer with him. The cashier asked for his ID, but he didn't have his license on him. His kids that were with him (in their upper 20's at least) said that they would buy it since they were old enough,but the cashier said they couldn't because they would be buying it for him. All the rules these days are ridiculous.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 10:48:30 pm »
While on vacation with the whole family (me, my wife, our daughter and son-in-law, our son and daughter-in-law and five grandkids) we went to "Chuck E Cheese". I decided to order a beer (at the age of 68) and the girl "HAD" to card me because of company policy. Then she had to call her manager to take my money because SHE WASN'T OLD ENOUGH TO SELL BEER!!!!
I could understand that it is a kids type of pizza place and NOT SELLING BEER AT ALL but, why even have it on the menu if that was the reason for carding a grandfather????

Rog
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:56:50 pm by Rapid Roger »
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 05:17:15 am »
I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief because I know very well that your stupid rule about the alcohol WILL  be brought in over here before much longer.  We already have the one about spray paint.  So Dustin it seems that you will be showing i.d. for the rest of your life.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Fab4

• Go For It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 06:26:53 am »
Kinda feel sorry for the cashiers, waiters/waitress (trying to earn a few bucks) who serve us and have to abide by these stupid rules - They are the ones who get crapped on by us for following someone's so called rules
Fab4
Paul (Fab4)

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 06:49:00 am »
Luckily we don't have that rules on paint spray here!
so just order online.....

on the alcohol regulation rules:
years ago a brand developed a 0% alcohol beer.
(most of the "non alcohol" beers  still have 0,5%, this one didn't)
my daughter (younger the 16, which is the legal alcohol limit in our country) saw some humor in this and went of to the store.
took a bottle of beer and went to the cashier......
"you are to young to buy beer" she said, "no" said my daughter "I'm to young to buy alcohol.... this one is 0% so I can buy it......"
the cashier was confused an called management and the three of them debated for 5 minutes.
but she didn't get the beer.  ;D :D ;D

regulations....
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 03:54:12 pm »
Its a good lesson in government for you.

Clearly all these laws against spray paint dont keep the bad guys from using it the wrong way.

It just makes it tougher for all of us good people to get it.

king310

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »
wait till you try to by paint thinner and drano!

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 01:13:54 pm »
Dustin,
Ask for a form to fill out that allows you to buy sales tax free as a reseller/retailer.  Walmart has them and then you can also use it to purchase multiple cans of spray paint at one time.  i use mine all the time.  You will of course have to provide your business license and tax ID number.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

IBMer

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:53:40 pm »
WalMart seems to have pulled Minwax Spray Lacquer from their shelves.      I've been buying it there for some time, now it's all gone..   I found 1 can on their clearance shelf...

I checked Lowes Home Improvement and they have Minwax products, but only sell the Polyurethane,  no Lacquer products.   What the heck is going on? 

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:54:37 pm »
Try buying super glue and spray paint! I had a clerk almost not let me check out.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:39 pm »
I was at the grocery store last week and bought beer. The kid at the register asked if I'd scan it for him because he was too young to sell beer. Gotta love our #@%&/$# legal system.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

SMF

Teknoromi