Author Topic: Delta tools - parts story  (Read 1487 times)

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Delta tools - parts story
« on: April 17, 2013, 05:03:59 pm »
On Jan 24 I ordered a part for my Delta 40-690 from the Dewalt service centre in Montreal, Quebec.  The part finally arrived last Friday, about 2-1/2 months after I ordered.  When I picked up the part, the Dewalt guy told me that starting May 1 (a couple of weeks away), Delta would have their own service centre, but he didn't know where it would be or the phone number. 

All this is news to me.  Last spring a Delta rep told me that Dewalt would service Delta for a couple of years.  I hope it means they are ahead of schedule.

Has anyone else heard this news.  I'm especially interested in reports from Canada, and the location of a service centre near me..

Have a good one,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Delta tools - parts story
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 07:05:33 pm »
Hey Jim, Delta is no longer a part of Black & Decker, which owns DeWalt. However the Delta 40-690 is a clone of the DeWalt 788, so the parts are interchangeable.
Dan In Southern California

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »
Yes, the parts are interchangeable and that will be my fall back option.  I had to replace the bottom rocker mount #286278-00 (stripped a screw hole).  The Dewalt people sold me the Delta part for $15.  To get the same Dewalt part, I would have to buy an assembly (don't know what it includes) for about $40.

I prefer the Delta part, well, at least the price.   ;D

I'm curious to know if anyone knows of a Delta shop in operation.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:42 pm »
Actually there has not been any Delta service centers. Before they became part of Black & Decker, you would have to take your Delta tools to independent tool repair shops that were authorized by Delta.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:18:46 pm by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi