Author Topic: North Korea  (Read 1974 times)

IBMer

North Korea
« on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:28 pm »
Is anyone else tired of reading about North Korea..   CNN seems to post virtually the same story every day with a slightly different Title.

If we are submitting North Korea Sanctions, how about a sanction banning them from the News..     Please CNN, no more North Korea stories unless something really happens..

This hourly blow-by-blow story about the Missiles being prepared for launch is getting old.      Until they push the button and the missile is lifting off, maybe you can limit your stories a little.   

Send them a scroll saw or two so that they can do something constructive, maybe feed it's people instead of building up their military for an imaginary ground war that will never happen..    The days of big Tank battles and legions of soldiers going toe-to-toe are over...   

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:55 pm »
So why not complain to CNN?
Dan In Southern California

IBMer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »
I have..   Most of my posts to CNN are to complain about their posting the same story, over, and over, and over ;-)     Just curious if anyone else was seeing the same thing.  I swear they just change the title and post the same story, over, and over and over...

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »
Don't watch CNN, MSNBC, or any of those news channels for that reason they talk about junk like this 24/7 most times repeat the same words every 30 minutes.

IBMer

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:11:25 pm »
Don't watch CNN, MSNBC, or any of those news channels for that reason they talk about junk like this 24/7 most times repeat the same words every 30 minutes.

I can relate...   I shut my Cable off some time ago..   Without TV to watch, I'm forced to get my news from the web..     

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 09:14:47 pm »
Oh I still have cable for the moment but about ready to shut the crap off, nothing ever on, but repeated stuff I can read in the papers or online, and most of what I watch is on regular tv any way, and most times I am outside makeing saw dust or working.

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:44 pm »
CNN and  MSNBC are  NOT news outlets.  They are social engineering companies.
MOONIE

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 01:45:12 am »
CNN and  MSNBC are  NOT news outlets.  They are social engineering companies.
Well said.  I would suggest another station.
Scrolling has its perks

countryscroller

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 07:49:59 am »
I'm too busy to watch much tv. I record all my shows. If they do send a missile I will probably be out in the shop while it is happening with some country music on.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:42:36 am »
Should we expect to hear from MSNBC that N Korea is the result of sequestration, and the US can no longer protect and defend against a 3rd world threat? Seems to me that waiting for a Korean ICBM is waiting a bit too long.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:06 am »
TV and other "NEWS" outlets do more to control government policies and our individual opinions than any of us would ever suspect. That is why we are in such a mess. Everything is being controlled by someone with their own agenda (which is making money with advertising) by creating "HOT TOPICS" to gain viewers.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 12:17:11 pm »
Sort of makes you wonder who really are the ones getting brainwashed?

us or them?

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 03:36:24 pm »
Well I don't know if the U.K. is in range of their missiles, but if we are I would just like a 20 second warning, so I can bend over and kiss my a**e goodbye.  I'm just glad we don't get all that cr*p about it here, we get enough cr*p on our telly without that too lol. (and even more of it from the government)
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

king310

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:50 pm »
I enjoy your wisdom keefie. To know you are so much like the other great person from the UK, Like Benny Hill and Monty Python. ;D
Great minds think alike. Over here we just say a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but the democrats don't want you using it. ;D

IBMer

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 06:23:29 pm »
Our media does a fine job at brainwashing this nation.     Take Gun Control for instance.   Will making "LEGAL" guns more difficult for legal owners to purchase and own reduce crime.    In a word "NO"...   Criminals do not buy guns from the local gun shop.  They A) Steal them B) trade them for drugs C) buy them from illegal sources that have likely obtained them using Method A and or B.

Even if another gun is never sold in this country,  100 Million guns are already owned by the public.  Add to that the Millions of illegal guns out there, and the millions more that arrive every year from other countries.    Unless Mister Obama plans to send troops to every single house, car, business, warehouse, and barn, there will still be hundreds of millions of guns in this country...

Personally, I'm all for private gun ownership.   I know for a FACT that it takes the police up to 20 minutes to respond to a 911 call.  Assuming the bump in the night that I just heard was someone kicking in my back door.   That gives them 19 and 1/2 minutes to rob, rape and murder my family while I wait for the first police officer to show up.

Alarm system?  Sure, I have one, and pay 50 bucks a month to have it monitored, but any Monkey can cut my phone lines which hang on the outside of my home.   Sure, I have a cell backup, which can be jammed with a $99 portable cell phone jammer available from many Chinese electronics distributors.  

Until the Police / Government can Guarantee my personal safety 100% of the time, everywhere I go, then I deserve the right to own a firearm and be able to use it to protect myself and my family.  

The key to reducing gun crimes is to make the punishment so incredibly harsh that no one will ever consider using a gun to commit a criminal offense.    Let's say 50 years with no Parole for anyone committing any crime while in the possession of any weapon (gun, knife, club).  If they commit a crime, and threaten or use a weapon, give them LIFE in Prison, no if ands or buts...   Oh, and give everyone involved the same Life sentence.  So if 3 guys rob a store, and 1 has a knife and uses it, they all get the same punishment.   Get caught with a stolen gun, 50 years in prison.  

Alcohol is involved in 75% of violent crimes..   Wouldn't banning alcohol be more effective than banning firearms which are used for many fewer crimes :-p

My my 2 cents worth..  
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:20:10 pm by IBMer »

SMF

Teknoromi