Author Topic: My Birthday BOWEL... Funny Story, well sort of...  (Read 1085 times)

IBMer

My Birthday BOWEL... Funny Story, well sort of...
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »
I enjoy turning wooden bowls and often post pictures of them on my Facebook page..     A doctor friend wrote me Monday to wish me Happy Birthday..  Here is where it gets funny..

He wrote "Happy Birthday John, will you be making a BOWEL to celebrate?"....       

I realize it was a typo, but I wasn't quite sure how to answer to that one...     Make a Bowel?  Like a BM?  As in Number 2..   If that were the case, I celebrate my Birthday every morning.   Good thing he's a doctor and can joke about making bowls, or bowels...   

At least he didn't tell me to turn a BOWEL on my lathe....    I suspect the Sh*t would really have hit the fan, shop lights, floor, walls...  Ewwww, Gross!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: My Birthday BOWEL... Funny Story, well sort of...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:24:08 am »
Well John, I hope you had a great BM on your Birthday!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 05:11:02 am »
If you have to make one on your lathe - remember to turn the fan off first and take plenty of paper towels in there lol.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:08:17 am »
Hey guys, (and Gals), you will laugh at this too. In some parts of Scotland we use the word BOWEL when we mean BOWL. Things like: Would you pass me the sugar BOWEL.( now, that could be extremely painful!!)  I  had a Bowel of porridge. Not to mention that I would use the washing up BOWEL to clean the dirty porridge Bowel. We have many more strange words, as you all will have.
Language can be very peculiar. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Rob Roy.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:20:56 am »
funny story, and a happy birthday,

didn't know what BM was.... now I do....  :o
hahaha

just wondering , is that the same BM as in IBMer ?   8) ::)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

IBMer

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:34 am »
just wondering , is that the same BM as in IBMer ?   8) ::)

Maybe?     No I work for Big Blue, they help pay for my Exotic Wood Habbit...       How about (IBMDaily)..   I BM Daily...   I crack myself up...     I should have been a Commodean..  (He who tells jokes while seated on the Commode).. 

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:22:11 am »
Well I hope you had a "moving" birthday!

John, most of the comedy routines I see now on TV seem to have come from the commode!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi