Author Topic: Help with portrait  (Read 1210 times)

yankeebum2

Help with portrait
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »
Hoping somebody can help me put my (first) granddaughter into a scroll pattern. I know its been a long time since i been on the forum(hope everyone is doing good) but she keeps me quite busy(shes now 18 months and doing great). I plan to cut it when she naps. I attempted it the last days while she naps but im not getting it looking good at all.
Thanks in advance
Stephen

Old Crow

Re: Help with portrait
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:19 pm »
Hi Stephen, Here is my try at Haley.
Don R

yankeebum2

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:50:31 pm »
Thanks Don, appreciate you taking the time to help me out. You did a very nice job!!!  Im looking forward to getting the dust off my scroll saw and replace it with sawdust soon.
Stephen

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 02:06:26 am »
Don ,great pattern of the sweet angel:)

Mahendra
mahendra

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:20 am »
Very nice pattern Old Crow, thanks for your help

yankeebum2

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:48 am »
Don, do you have the project saved in layers? Reason for asking is i wanted compare how you did it compared to how I failed. I used gimp, I couldnt get enough b&w to get a good start of a pattern. (always seemed to light) I messed with threshold, curves, photocopy. Never seemed to be enough black without going too much black. I just couldnt find the right balance. I look forward to cutting it and maybe learn from my failed attempts at making the pattern.

The only portraits patterns(total of 2) i ever made were of dogs. working on humans seems to be alot more challenging.
Thanks
Stephen

Old Crow

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 10:43:06 am »
Don, do you have the project saved in layers? Reason for asking is i wanted compare how you did it compared to how I failed. I used gimp, I couldnt get enough b&w to get a good start of a pattern. (always seemed to light) I messed with threshold, curves, photocopy. Never seemed to be enough black without going too much black. I just couldnt find the right balance. I look forward to cutting it and maybe learn from my failed attempts at making the pattern.

The only portraits patterns(total of 2) i ever made were of dogs. working on humans seems to be alot more challenging.
Thanks
Stephen

Stephen, I don't have it saved in layers but I think from what you are saying, you can find the right balance if you play around with "curves". I have attached my image after "photocopy" before "trace bitmap"
Hope this helps
Don R

jlatorre

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 08:42:34 am »
great pattern ,Don

SMF

Teknoromi