Author Topic: dissappointed  (Read 1202 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
dissappointed
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:09:17 am »
I have waited about 5 years to come to Tasmania (Tassie) and to the town of St Helen's to go to a timber mill to get lots of Tasmanian Blackheart Sassafrass my favorite timber.  The owners come to the Melbourne Working with wood show and they are very nice people.  But what happens when I get here,,,, I find out that he recently closed down the business.  I am soooooo very disappointed, it's like finding out there's no Santa Claus all over again.  Apart from that I'm still having a great time.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

Re: dissappointed
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:20:58 am »
What a bummer Marg. Where are you going to get that lovely timber now. I've got a few nice Mallee Burs. No point sending you them. LOL
Never mind Marg, just dry your tears, get hubby to get you a nice cocktail, and enjoy your holiday. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rob Roy.

king310

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:12:38 am »
Sorry to hear that Marg. Rob should break loose with some of his stockpile and give you a drink.
It the states  if the president visits your facility it is the kiss of death for you. A large number of companies have closed with in a year of his visit.

Mainewoods

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:47:45 am »
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO SANTA CLAUS?!?!?!?!?!    :o :o :o :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

Sorry to hear you lost a wood source!  Hopefully you can find a replacement!

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:22:19 am »
Not to worry.  OF course there is as Santa Clause.  I know because he left a whole wad of coal in my stocking last Christmas.  Have fun Wombatie  :D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:08:41 am »
Sorry to hear that Marg. Rob should break loose with some of his stockpile and give you a drink.
It the states  if the president visits your facility it is the kiss of death for you. A large number of companies have closed with in a year of his visit.

Shortly after he gave them millions of our tax dollars, just shows community organizers don't know anything about business.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 04:15:26 am »
Hopefully someone else will come to the Working With Wood Show with some Sassafrass.  Fingers crossed anyway.  I have to wait until October around my birthday.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi