Author Topic: New tool  (Read 2260 times)

king310

New tool
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:44:58 am »
I recieve my Delta 6" jointer yesterday. It will work just fine for me? I know it is not the best but it was affordable. Now I can finish my big project.

Offline TripleB

• Simply put, I love Scrolling!
    • View Profile
    • Scroll Saw Paradise
Re: New tool
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:04:49 am »
New tools always put a smile on my face, there's nothing like new toys!It doesn't matter what brand they are. I'm sure your new Delta will work much better than what you had before. Congrats on the new purchase.

Offline scotti158

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »
I've got the 6" Delta and it has been trouble free for 8yrs.
Tilt-O-Scroll DW788 Owner/Operater

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:47 pm »
I've had a 6" Delta for fifteen years and have never had a single problem with it. It does what it is supposed to do very well, and I have no need for anything "better".
Dan In Southern California

king310

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »
I am glad to here that. Most times you only get negative points of view in the rating sections. I gave it a try on some rough sawn aromatic cedar. WOW it really changed the apperance of the wood. :o
So today I made a small pile of shavings working on my big project. I wanted to have it done by the 14th but OH WELL! So I told my wife what I was making for her. ;) She told me she did not want it but wanted a different style of quilt rack. Now she will have to wait till her B-Day Now >:( I will sell this one when it is finished.

multifasited

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:42 pm »
I just heard that delta is going through bankruptsy ,and no parts are availible ,yours has little to worry about ,anyone thinking about other Delta equipment may want to check this out before they purchase.I guess thats the negitive ,post you were waiting for,sorry!!

king310

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 07:07:32 am »
The only Delta that filed was the airlines. There is no news that I can find about Delta Machinery filing for Bankruptcy. Only rumors

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 07:12:48 am »
Every time I need a jointer, I have to load everything up and go to my dad's which is a 2 hour drive away.  His jointer is about 50 years old.  Still works like a champ but what a pain.  I may have to invest in one if the Delta is OK.  I hate to spend a lot since I don't use one very often.

multifasited

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:33:58 am »
That's exactly why I said I heard ,and to check it out ,I got the info from another forum,from what I thought was a reliable source ,was just passing along ,no guarantees one way or another ,supposed to been bought by Chinese co,and went belly up !

woodtinkergary

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:32 am »
I have a harbor freight 6in. rabitting jointer. I picked it up for 25 dollars at a business going out. It was new with no belt, pulley, or was not wired into  the switch. Some adjustment handles were missing, so got it running , it runs and cuts like a dream. The motor is all cast and weighs a ton. No vibration at all while cutting. It's great for cheap product. The table is all cast iron too. Wtg

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »
I liked my Delta six inch jointer also.  It lasted 10 years and then died.  I now have one from Grizzly.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

king310

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 07:56:38 pm »
The 6" Delta has not been made for awhile. I am not sure if the new owners will make one again. The refuse collectors may make me get a larger container if I keep filling it up with sawdust. ;D

I had to have this one shipped from Seattle Washington. It was the last one in the ACE Hardware inventory in the USA.

ShadowB6

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 12:47:45 am »
Good for you on your purchase King. It's better than the one I don't have. Congrats on your buy.

Mike

king310

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 06:59:23 am »
Tools are like your shop. It is not big enough and you need more. ::) ;D

SMF

Teknoromi