Author Topic: Cataract surgeries scheduled....  (Read 1934 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Cataract surgeries scheduled....
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:36 pm »
The first one is March 11th and the second is March 25th!
Will sure be glad to get past this 'fog' I am looking through....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Old Crow

Re: Cataract surgeries scheduled....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:15:29 pm »
Had mine done several years ago. It is wonderful to not see the halos and to have full binocular vision again. You will love it plus the drugs they give you are great!!!
Don R

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:48:11 pm »
First the ears, now the eyes.  Next you will want your tongue and fingertips replaced!  Best of luck with the procedures Ed!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:38:25 pm »
Had both mine done last year GB and I really enjoy being able to see to drive at night again and go outside and work in the heat without having glasses falling down because of the sweat! Have to have reading cheaters, but, I have several pairs of dollar store readers scattered throughut my house, office, woodshop, barn,etc. LOL I can go fishing,play golf, go hunting, etc without glasses!

Tony,aka,Toneman

woodtinkergary

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:36 pm »
Sorry To hear about your eye, GB, heres one for ya!! A man left work one Friday afternoon. Being payday, instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend hunting with the boys and spent his entire paycheck. When he finally appeared at home, Sunday night, he was confronted by a very angry wife and was barraged for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions.

Finally, his wife stopped the nagging and simply said to him, "How would you like it if you didn't see me for two or three days?"

To which he replied, "That would be fine with me."

Monday went by and he didn't see his wife. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results.

Thursday, the swelling went down just enough where he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye.  Oh what do you call a fish with no eye ................. fsshh, hope all goes well wtg.

woodtinkergary

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:00 pm »
just one more

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »
Ed it's a snap and you won't believe how well you can see!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

ShadowB6

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:55 am »
Best of luck to you GB.

king310

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:38:38 am »
GB you will SEE that it will be worth getting it done and best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 08:36:26 am »
best of luck Ed, sure we will encourage and comfort you in the beginning of March.
luckily you see forward to it, so hope the 11th is soon for you.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 05:36:20 am »
I am sure it will all go well, but we will be here thinking of you.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 05:50:31 am »
Best of luck G B. I'm sure all will go well in March and you'll be a very happy man. My mother had her eyes done, but before that she was scared to go out.
After the surgery we had to call her and make an appointment to go visit her as she was never at home. LOL. Made her life a whole lot better.
Rob Roy.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:21:09 am »
My ex father in law had his done, he said the change was fantastic, colours on birds that he thought were a dull brown turned out to be a vivid red, and everyday things were so full of colour. I think, when you have had them done you won't be doing too much scrolling, you will be too busy enjoying everything in full colour.

Best of luck with the op GB.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 11:12:19 am »
Being totally honest!
I have received more encouragement and comments from my "Scrolling Family" than I have from "Real Family".
Every comment I have read and heard so far has been very encouraging. Not a single negative so I am 'chomping at the bit' to get this done.

My sincere THANKS to you all!

Ed  aka  ~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 08:29:11 pm »
Ed I was a near sighted 300/20 or so I think that is how they designate nearly blind, anything past 5" in front of my nose was a complete blur. After the surgery I can see the pine needles on a mountain 5 miles away! There is no pain afterward and after about 2 days your vision will be complete although some, my wife included say that it keeps improving for a week or 2. I didn't experience that but after 4 or 5 days I had 20/10 in my right eye and 20/15 in the left that's pretty hard to beat, that is what the ace pilot Chuck Yeager had, the first man to break the speed of sound, one of my heros.
Go for it Ed it's great.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi