Author Topic: Well it's time!  (Read 2135 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Well it's time!
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:47 am »
went to eye Dr. yesterday and the cataracts are now to the point where they can be removed!

Awaiting the call from the surgery coordinator to set appointments.
Going to do them both about 2 weeks apart sometime soon.
Will be glad to get rid of the night time 'haloes' around all lights and the feeling of always looking thru a slight 'fog'!

I'm making sure to get any 'procedures' done THIS YEAR!!! Also need carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist.
God only knows what helthcare will be like next year when the new system kicks in!!!

~~~GB~~~
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:53:17 am by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
Re: Well it's time!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:18 pm »
Glad to hear you can finally get rid of the cataracts, GB.  But carpal tunnel?  That will keep you away from scrolling for a bit.  Sorry about that.

I'm sitting here doing hunt and peck to write, as I broke my lower left arm on Monday.  And I'm left handed! Bummer. No scrolling for me............
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:52:29 pm by Crabbyboater »
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:22:21 pm »
Just returned from my Primary Care Physician and annual checkup!

No more meds to lower blood pressure...within acceptable range after 3 mos. without meds!
Of course losing 12 pounds in the last year helped I am sure.

Everything else {other than the usual aches and pains of a 75 yr. old} is normal and I am good to go for another year!

See folks! Scrolling is good for the body and soul!!!!!!!!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »
glad to hear that GB hope your cataract surgery goes will for you my mother had hers done last year.hope it gets rid of the night time halos around the lights i get those to but its my glaucoma causing it.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »
Todd...

Sorry to hear the Glaucoma thing is haunting you! I have been a "Glaucoma Suspect" for many years but my pressures have leveled off at about 20 in each eye and have steady for 5 years with no resulting nerve damage!
I used to go at least twice a year for pressure checks and my Dr. finally said just make it once a year since there has been no increase or damage.
I have heard from so many that the cataract surgery was a great help that I am anxious to get it done. Just finally told the Dr.to do it to get rid of the constant 'fog' and those damn haloes! He said the right eye is definitely ready and the left is getting close so lets just do them both a few weeks apart and be done with it.
I want to get everything done I can before "Obamacare" starts in full in 2014!!!!

I will keep everyone posted on my progress as we go through this.

HUGZZZZZZZZZZ to al my friends!

~~~GB~~~

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:44 pm »
Glad to hear you are getting your cataracts done, you will be able to see the nice work you have produced. Sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel surgery needed, I heard that's a slow recovery after the op, so scrolling will be out for a while. But the good news is you can type with one hand so there is no reason you can't sign in here and let "your other family" cheer you up. ( and you will be able to see the computer monitor too!!  )
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:02:46 pm »
GB  Glad to here you are getting the cataracts done now.  Next year when the new health care starts,  all you would get is a white tipped cane and a coution to be careful,  well one or the other you pick!
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »
Good luck with the surgerys, I hope it all turns outwell for you.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »
GreyBeard,

I had my cataract surgery just last year. It makes a world of difference for the better.
Just as an aside, I elected to be near sighted so I can read and use the computer and scroll saw with out glasses but, of course I need them for distance. I'm not sure that I made the right decision yet as I need glasses to watch TV and of course to drive. Most folks that have the surgery go for farsightedness so they don't have to wear glasses at all except for reading and close work. It is just something to think about.
The nice part about my decision is that my wife is nearsighted also so, if I forget my glasses, I can just borrow
hers.  ;D   

Rog   
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

king310

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »
GB, Glad to see you getting it done. These surgeries are now less intrusive and require less healing time. I wish you well and a quick recovery.The government may not let you next year.  ;) ;)

The government AKA our Father is now saying that it is ok to kill Americans with drones. They will declare you a threat and take you out. >:( >:( >:(

You need to think hard if you really want to see our mugs. ;D ;D

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »
I had both eyes done this last year, had fast growing cataracts. I was blind in each eye in about 2 months. they took care of them one at a time. best thing was that surgery!! only took about two weeks each to completly heal. far sighted so I wear glasses to read. take care and use (ALL) the drops that they give ya !!!!
 Rick
RBI VS 26

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »
Well when the decision comes I will opt for being able to see 'out there'!
I have used 'readers' haning around my neck all the time!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes and I hope this 'white knuckle' eye patient can handle the sugeries!
It takes the Dr. & three nurses to put drops in my eyes now!

~~~GB~~~

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 09:36:46 pm »
Hope all goes well. You will be glad for the surgery. Just remember to put the drops in your eyes after the surgery as instructed by the doctor.

As for the healthcare, just tell the doctors you are in this country illegally and you will get free healthcare.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »
Get that work done now. I fear you might be correct in thinking about future medical care. Hope and prayers that this work is done well. Quick recovery for all the procedures.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 04:28:14 am »
Good luck there GB, gonna be a busy year in the Doctors office for you.
what I have heard from people who have done the same, all is going to go better.
hope and pray that this will work out good for you as well.

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi