Author Topic: Super Bowel  (Read 2552 times)

king310

Super Bowel
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:40:10 am »
No I spelled it correctly! It is a sad state of affairs when more people will partake in super bowl activities than election. You have to ask yourself who will affect you more?

Enough about my rant??.. :o :o

What will you be doing today during the super bowl? Some throw a big bash and are passed out before halftime.
NO Rob it is not rugbaby!! ;D ;D

I will be in my shop trying to finish organizing and watching paint dry. I will be waiting for February 24 for NASCAR.
"ZOOOOM" "ZOOOM" LEFT TURN "ZOOOM"  "ZOOM" SKEEEEEECH RIGHT TURN RIGHT TURN :o :o :o :o :o. #%^$ $%&$$%Not another car ::) ::)

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
Re: Super Bowel
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:04:23 am »
I will be working today,so will not watch the game.Even if I was at home I still would not watch the game.The wife and I would get close on the couch and watch a goood movie.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:16 am »
Probably will not make it to the shop today still too cold even with the heater.  But where ever I am, I will not be watching the game. We don't follow football. I usually listen to NASCAR on the raido in the shop during the season.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:08:39 am »
I no longer watch football.  After they went on strike in the 70's, I boycotted them and have never returned.  Who says I carry a grudge?

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:26:06 am »
Wife and I are going to see "Lincoln" today.  I suspect the theater won't be very busy today.  8)

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:34:15 am »
I recorded some old movies the other day and plan to watch them while DW watches super bowel in another room. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

mlwmerk

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 10:54:22 am »
If I watch professional "Sports" at all, I watch only the final segment.  For example, the last quarter of a pro football or basketball game, the last 3 innings of baseball, the last 20 laps of a NASCAR CUP race, etc. 

Most of the time this will take over an hour, what with time-outs, pit stops, caution flags, etc. 

I believe, but I can't prove it, that Pro Sports are fixed.  I only have a life time of personal imperical, anicdotal data to support my theory. No I don't write it down, I just have a nagging feeling.

Notice, that no matter what the score is or whoever is winning, something will happen to narrow the gap so as to result in a very close match.  This is designed to even the teams out to increase viewer watching - therefore commercial opportunities, and actual attendance at the venue.

Who is fixing the outcomes?  I donno.  But if I am not here tomorrow, you will know there is some merit in my rant.

rob roy

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 11:51:04 am »
Hi King, I don't watch your type of American football, not that I have anything against it. I just can't b***dy understand it. LOL. I don't watch UK type soccer either. Plenty motor racing though, including NASCAR. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Rob Roy.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »
The Super bowl will be on my TV. I won't watch the game though, just the commercials.  ;) :D ;D

Believe it or not, that takes some training to do. I'm so used to getting up for a snack or go to the bathroom during commercials when watching a normal TV show and I do those things during the game so I can see the latest multi million dollar, 30 second ads for this game.  ;D  And, I'm sure there will be a lot of them to see too!  :D :D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 12:53:00 pm »
I will be watching the game, normally a Packer fan however they didn't make it this year so my second team has always been the 9ers, used to live in Ca, saw Montana play his first season.  However this year I have another reason to watch, I really want Ray Lewis to lose, I believe he should be in jail for the murder he and his friends committed and bought his way out of. Sorry...had to vent!
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 01:16:36 pm »
I will most likely be out in the garage cutting/sawing/sanding/shaping/routing/gluing/doing something with wood. 

It is 27 degrees right now, expect it get close to 35 by 5 PM.  The heater works, and I will have music playing in the background.

Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »
@ Mainwoods   What did you think of "Lincoln? I grew up in the town/towns where it was filmed
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:01 pm »
My daughter watched the game but then again she will watch any sport.  Her favorites are, Aussie Rules football, American football and American Baseball.  And yes she is a girlie girl she hates playing any sport.  She is a conundrum.  :o  :D

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

king310

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 06:18:03 am »
Marg you people from downunder are so confused!
You have animals who cannot decide what the are. You have one that is duck no no a beaver and now you have girlie girl who are conundrums.

Iam so confussed ;D ;D ;D

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 10:10:06 am »
Marg, you should know better by now!!!  your daughter doesn't watch sport because she likes it, she is looking at the men playing it !!!!! :o :o :o
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi